Smoke wont animate.

First, I know how to make smoke work, second I can’t upload a file, I don’t own the work.

I can open a new project, create a domain and a flow, presto, I have smoke.

If I add the exact same objects to the existing project I’m working on I get the first frame of smoke, but no physics animation.

Is there such thing as a Blender Project Cleaner, or Integrity checker? There is nothing in the project that should stop smoke working, there are some animated particles but they don’t appear until frame 2000+ and there are no other physics.

Could someone please give me somewhere to start looking for the problem?

(I did have some very strange things happening with the existing particles some time ago, I had to remove all the bakes and create them again, this is what makes me think there might be an integrity problem.)

Thanks.

My guess is you are having baking problems, trying to start your baking from frame 1. If you cannot upload the file it is better to simplify the file and share as few as possible, that is the way i break down my problems (divide to conquer :wink: ). I believe that you know that it is pretty difficult to help without .blend file or screenshots.