Colourful Crystals project

This year i have finished a personal project creating a set of Crystals. I have been learning Blender for the last 18 months and i’m just starting to get my head around it. Various things like lighting i’m still figuring out as you may be able to see in these images they dont have strong dark shadows. Placing them in a more complex environment it still a work in progress for me.
Let know what you think. Any tips welcome.

Wow, these crystals are awesome! How do you get the coloring like that? Does the color come from the model’s material itself, or is it the lighting or environment around it? Or is it a post-processing effect? Very cool and something I haven’t seen before.

Thanks, i did some colourful drip paintings that i scanned quite hi-res then added them inside a glass shader object.

The colors are gorgeous

A couple more. I altered the colours in PS on the second one. Often in find my final render is a bit de-saturated and so a little bit of Photoshopping goes along way.

That’s awesome ! The 3rd one looks like a photo.
You should try putting more imperfections and cracks inside. Have you tried the Amber material from Reynante’s Cycles Material Vault ?

Thanks The Amber looks great, im still a bit far off from figuring out how to that level of detail yet.
Im not sure how i would even start to create an inside crack detail.

It’s so colorful just like a really nice painting. :o

Thanks Foxrender.
I try to make them look hand painted by using my own scanned textures. Now i’m focusing on getting the fine details working like bubbles and cracks.