Flipped bones keyframes - why wrong direction?

I want to create a simple walk cycle animation. But When I copy the animation keyframes and paste flipped keyframes (Ctrl+C, Shift+Ctrl+v), I get the animation mirrored in the wrong direction.

You can see it in the simple example blend file here. Test.blend (492 KB)

Can you please help me to figure out how can I avoid this problem?
I guess it is something related to bones axis, but the bones of the left leg are actually duplicated bones of the right leg, mirrored via S-Thank you very much in advance!

As far as I know you need to name bones correctly in order for Paste-Flipped to work. So the bones should have names like “thigh.L”, “thigh.R”, etc. From the tutorial on rigging a gingerbread man https://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Doc:2.6/Tutorials/Your_First_Animation/2.Animation and this extract:

I think you can see that this is required. I looked briefly at your file and the bones are just bone.001, bone.002, etc. I know the tutorial is for an older version of Blender, but the rules still apply as far as I know.

Also bone roll is important, see this extract:

Again in your file the bone rolls do not look right to me.

Can I suggest you read the whole thing, it shows how to mirror flipped poses. The whole tutorial takes about 30-45 minutes to complete and is time well spent!

Cheers, Clock.