Parking - short animation

Hi everyone,

I make short movie with low-poly cars. In final movie there will be buildings etc. Here is how it looks now.

And link to movie:

I am not sure that story is clear for viewers. Can you tell me, what you see?

Very cute!

I love the style and color! The animation is very fluid! I love it!

Thanks for reply.

It’s awesome, keep going. It has a polished feel to the animation, even if the scene is low poly and simple.

I feel the story is pretty clear. And the animation looks clean!:slight_smile:

It’s two cars fighting over a parking spot, and when neither of them get it they look for a new spot, and try to take that spot by getting there first.

Thanks for comments. If everything is clear, I can continue work :slight_smile:

Does it looks like explosion?

Parking:

The only thing that “draws my eye” is the slight bobble that the cars make when they arrive or when they are about to depart. This motion seems like an afterthought, not any consequence of inertia and so on. It is too-pronounced and occurs too-late.

Explosion:

Well, how stylized and fantastical do you want it to be? The final shape seems to me to be – well, a little odd – but I haven’t seen the whole show. Set whatever audience-expectation you wish and then be consistent with that throughout the show. It’s your show, therefore it’s literally up-to-you.

Cute animation. I kind of expected at the end as they were racing for the spot that instead of running into the truck, another car comes in (from the road the truck is on) and takes the spot. Looks great, so far, though!

Movie is finished - see this post https://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?420619-Parking&p=3180449#post3180449