Proposal: Subforum for VFX / Video work

Hi there,

as I noted in another post some time ago, this forum seems to be very much focused on modellers and artists. There is not much about using Blender for VFX going on and the stuff that is, is spread across several subforums. I noticed the dilemma myself a few times when I was pondering, where to post. Possible choices are animation, compositing, and others.

As Blender is an extremely powerful VFX tool and states itself to have the most powerful tracking engine in the industry, not to mention all the other tools and the fairly nice video editor…

Wouldn’t it be nice to give VFX people a dedicated home here on the forums? Just wondering…

-Stefan

It’s true that there’s not a specific Artwork forum dedicated to visual effects, but there’s not one dedicated to modeling or simulation, either. But that’s why the Artwork forums are so general in nature. There are VFX WIPs and Finished work just like any other aspect of computer graphics.

As for the support forums, the Compositing and Post Processing subforum is the most appropriate place for the majority of visual effects questions.