Sharing 2 "ChildOf" constraints BUG

I have a problem with a rig I’m currently working on! I whant to set bones in the middle of another 2 bones so if I move one, the bone in the middle will stretch between both. The problem is that if I rotate the partent bone the bone that is in the middle moves oddly, and I need it to work fine! How do I solve it?

This is an basic example of what I have:

Setting Up Child Of constratints and woring pretty cool! This works pretty cool, because if you move bone A or bone C, bone B move in the middle. And as this works like a parent/child rotations are also in the middle.

witch works super cool for rigging a mouth with bendy bones (for example)

But the problem is that when you rotate the root bone (in my case, the head), the middle bones that are conected with “ChildOf” constraints moves very weird :S

How do I fixe this problem??? Any help? :frowning:

Try using copy transform constraints, set to local space:local space, and 50%

EDIT: Had to put it together… Needs 1.0 influence on the first one. then 0.5 on the second. Here’s a blend file.

Attachments

midbone.blend (456 KB)

SkpFX Thanks for taking the time for help in my post! :smiley:
Actually I haven’t tried this “CopyTransforms” because I wanted that when rotated one of the bones on the sides, the bone in the middle also move a little bit to create this curve:

But this is the best and simple solution I have at the moment! :smiley: thanks a lot

Just wondering, do you have any idea why this happens? :eek:

Alejandro

OK, I see what you’re saying about the curve. i’ll have to think on that…

As for why the child of constraints behave as they do. I don’t know. From my experience child of constraints are flaky, and always seem to do something I wasn’t looking for.