Fireflies collecting on a single object

I have an object in my scene, that while rendering just collects fireflies. Once the sampling starts happening there, each sample-update adds 10 to 15 new ones and they don’t get removed. It is one of the darkest objects in the scen (but it’s still darkgray) and it’s the only one having a bumb map
Even when I’m only rendering it and nothing else, it’s like a starry sky
Couch in the original render

Couch alone:

Material:

How are you lighting it? How many samples?

There are too many variables to provide a meaningful answer. Providing a .blend would be more than helpful.

EDIT: Try turning off caustics.

The lighting comes trough a window in the form of an orange tinted sun with a power of 1 and a size of 0.3 and from a 100W lamp with emission material on it
256 samples
Both caustics are turned off
Blend file:
Scene.blend (6.58 MB)

try using a bump map node (vector tab) plugged into the diffuse normal, and the voronoi texture FAC (NOT color) plugged into the height.

I added portal lights in the windows, and branched path tracing bumped up for mesh lights. It’s still noisy, but the fireflies are gone. I’d have let it run longer but my sucky little laptop doesn’t play well with lots of samples.

Try setting bounces to min=32 and max=64, with diffuse (and maybe glossy?) to 64. I think at least the minimum bounces need to be cranked up quite a bit. It will slow down significantly of course, but you may get away with less samples. I also noted the carpet material had extremely bright colors, tone those way down. Similarly none of the walls had materials assigned, I set some bright grey color, and even with 8/16 bounces the noise level was manageable. The lamp wasn’t exactly setup for efficiency either. I also applied some of the tips above, rendered with low contrast filmic exposure 4.

I’d say finish the scene and wait for the denoiser to be implemented in blender.

Setting the light bounces to a higher value reduced the fireflies greatly, thank you for your help