Shared Dream

The story attached to this image is a shared dream between Asherah and Steven, concerning his pending exile. You can read that here: https://www.patreon.com/posts/8552580

I was inspired by a similar pose and decided to give it a try on my Asherah character. I also applied fog to the background trees via volumetrics, then blew the exposure up in post processing, in addition to adding god-rays and vignette for the artsy-fartsy effect. Lens flare added in Photoshop.

The journey continues…

[UPDATE - New Images with Better Hair]

hi… this image looks great but there are few things i do not like… matted hair which are in black area are too thick and maybe too saturated… i think it should be more like in photo below. another thing is hair in green circles looks bad… they are maybe too thick and it feels like they are not part of her hairs… maybe :smiley: but rest of hair is great :slight_smile: neck and back is great too but that small holes on the face which are in blue circles are for me big and sharp… at least for me… it could be more soft… eye corcers in white circle is maybe too sharp… this is not looks too bad but maybe it could be slightly less sharp but here i am not sure… sorry for bad english

Attachments

Thanks for the input. It will definitely help with my future compositions. But, is a composition truly finished? In response to your critique, I spent a few hours tweaking the settings for her hair, and came up with this low-sample test render (sans fur to speed up the render):

I don’t see anything objectionable in the corner of her eye, personally. And her fur on her face - am not sure I’m seeing what you see. I’ll crack into particle editing to see if any of the strands have gone awry. I have her facial fur very much fine tuned so that it gradually thins and shortens around her nose and lips - tweaking the fur density could cause more problems than the subtle one it may solve.

Or this. Having too much fun with the settings. :slight_smile: The effect I’m after is a fairly mussed look - finger-combed.