Trouble duplicating particles.

Hey,

I’m relatively new to blender and I’m working on an animation centered around a plane flying through the clouds.

I am using the cloud generator addon particle system to generate the clouds using the following tutorial as a guide.

I’ve got my clouds set up the way I want them but I can’t convert the particles into a mesh in order to use them in other scenes.

I use the make dupli objects attached to this object real button but unfortunately this just duplicates the emitter object and not the particles that came from it.

I’m not sure if I’m missing something simple or that this is an issue with the cloud generator addon.

I’m unable to attach my blend file as it errors at 100% for some reason.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you very much!

First of all: Welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

Right, this is impossible. Particles are particles and no meshes - but luckily the cloud generator is not using particles but a mesh (that looks like particles).
If you take a closer look at the outliner, you will see that the addon generates new objects, which are children of your original object (the orignal object works like a bounding box).

To copy a cloud you need to copy not just the bounding box, but also its “content” (the bounding box is just the parent). Therefore select all objects at the origin of your object (i. e. with C and LMB-click) and then press Shift + D. Now you should have another identical looking cloud.