Come and build the most detailed car model ever!

I run How a Car Works which is a website about cars. I’ve been working for the last few months on a video course about cars which will include a lot of VFX. I’ve made a start on modelling the car that will be included in this series - a Mazda MX5. I have the car in the garage and I am slowly taking it to pieces and modeling it as I go.

I’d love for someone to join me on this project - it’s paid work, although I don’t have a Hollywood budget.

There’s trailer that I made at https://www.howacarworks.com/video-course which gives you a flavour of what I’m aiming for.

I’m hopeful that this project can divide up nicely into little parts as we work our way through the car. We’ll be building models of basically every part of the car, and ideally animating parts that are difficult to explain like the engine, ABS system etc.

Post here or drop me a message. I’ll shortly put some renders of what I’ve done so far :slight_smile: Alex

(Just a quick render of the bodywork that I’ve built so far - alloys are also done but not visible here)

The oil filler cap.

Hard surface modeling is something I’m pretty good at, so I may be interested in this. Blueprints would be great, but I suppose I could also work from pictures or photographs with something like a ruler in-shot to get an idea of scale. I’m in the U.S. so payment would have to be through something like Paypal or Google. I’d still need an idea of the project for a part or subsystem to get an idea of the scope and how much you’re willing to pay before starting.

Very impressive project! Good luck!

Sent you a PM on the project.

PM sent! very interesting project!