A huge vilage, this is just most fine-tuned part

Updated: fixed the lighting like clockmender suggested. Now it’s sub-Moscow village. Textures, maybe, too provincial.

Add: fixed the river shading and noticed that the cafe is too big. Gonna do the bridge.

The first is an idea. The second is strawberry and the second is grass. Currently it’s both of them, tomato and trees.

Some quick render.

Just a building to place by the road.

That’s what’s going on. The plot:
Put the tower near the road - done
Add a bridge - still not. i’m so lazy… but that’s what I’m doing!
Color three shops
Finish one cafe - work in progress
Make holes inside the forest, there should be clearings, stumps, mushrooms, perhaps old circus, any suggestions? - partially done, one big hole and some paths
Fix the lighting, any suggestions? - done, as clockmender suggested
Maybe more trees around… Is round shape good for forest? - of course, added some roads, and some trees added
Change shading of the river, any suggestions? - i’ve figured that out. Absorption, glossy, refraction, add shaders.
Remove seams between dirty road and gardens. - done, just painted black on the texture
Add more bump and textures to the mountains.
Anything that will be posted here && I can do.
And, can you say me, how long it should take?
Added:
Add some pebbles
Add airport
Add tall pines to the forest
Make forest more dense

This is excellent work. I would REALLY like to know how you did your trees and grass - I have tried in the past but ended up with huge file sizes. I am looking to make a good scene for my Magnum Opus thread in the WIP and I should really appreciate a heads up here please.

Cheers, Clock.

The grass is nothing special. The texture over the ground && 20-poly strand with a subdiv bake texture and shader. Basically, take two edge, extrude it two times, duplicate five times along parallel axis, select whole, duplicate, rotate 90 degrees z, select whole, randomize, unwrap, add texture, duplicate object, add subdiv mod, bake alpha from one object to the other. Way ago, i posted “20-poly grass”, that is it but without the shader.
About the trees. Those are cc-0 from blendswap. Usually I create trees with modular tree addon, but currently i wanted something lowpoly. I’ve looked at the topology, and I think I could try to create something like that with modular tree addon. I’ve already made tomato leaves just like on those trees. Tomato itself, however, from blendswap.
About bloated files, save all textures, compress them with jpeg, and put back, and it will be fine!

http://www.blendswap.com/blends/view/42059

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1O2IVzm6Yl6VlMzLWtMSkpHNzA
Shrunk the size to the 34 MB. Also noticed during shrinking that grass subdiv texture was connected with color instead of alpha. Because I’ve recompressed texture so it’s only alpha, currently the color is right but to get the same behaviour i need to add math multiply node with factor 0.625. But maybe you like solid grass more than transparent?

@bckpkol - Thanks very much for that, I will play with it over the next few days!

Cheers, Clock.

Buck Bunny Cafe. Ha!

Thanks so much for this, @bckpkol - this is my effort with it, having made the trees, etc. with Cycles materials:

This is such a lot of help to me and I will now look at making a scene for my train WIP. :slight_smile:

Cheers, Clock.

I like it, clockmender. Not to miff you, but simple does not mean that it doesn’t beautiful. Nice stump.

Made this free texture, it’s cc-0.

Buck Bunny Cafe rendered.
Add: oops, asphalt is glossy.

Thank you, I have also made a conifer hedge from the leaves of the pine tree, this was a great help to me. It is shown on page 7 of my Magnum Opus WIP.

Cheers, Clock.

What is currently going on. Fixed the ground shader and going to repaint ground texture.

Bridge that is colou?red orange, new. It’s a sketch.