Shrinkwrap

Why do vertex groups not always show up in the options when trying to use shrinkwrap.For instance trying to make some clothes and using the duplicate body method. While the first duplicate can pick up the vertex groups.if i make a second duplicate it cannot and then the first duplicate can also no longer pick up the vertex groups on the original body ?

what is “the duplicate body method”. i did some research and could not find anything on it.

“While the first duplicate can pick up the vertex groups” when using a shrink wrap you dont have, or should make a bunch of duplicates, define what duplicates you are talking about!

“if i make a second duplicate it cannot and then the first duplicate can also no longer pick up the vertex groups” nothing in that sentence made any sence.

if you want this resolved, please phrase it in a way that we can understand and use official terms. why do you need duplicates?

spesify your project, and what you wish to do, and what the problem is. preferably with screenshots, or even better, the blendfile itself.

Hi by duplicates i mean select the faces of the character body and duplicate them(duplicate body). then use that to create clothes then shrinkwrap it back onto the original body for a tight fit.
duplicate is an official term