BGE Gauntlet

I made a Gauntlet clone in the BGE recently which uses an xbox controller for the player movement (8 directions). The blend file is too large at the moment to upload/share.

Interesting.
Lots of good stuff there.

Some questions;
Could you shoot through walls in the original game? Seems like it would be easy to exploit.
Have you tried letting a lot of enemies spawn, without killing them? What’s the upper limit before the game lags too much?

you really need to tone down those ghost clusterfucks. but otherwise it is an amazing game!

Thanks Smoking mirror,

On my first draft of making this clone, you could not shoot through the walls, but I liked the gameplay a little better this way.

I wasn’t a big Gauntlet player back in the day, I used a video of the original Gauntlet gameplay as my reference and did the best I could.

Also, I tried to see if there was a limit to the number of enemies I could add during the testing phase, level 8 is a good example of that, but I still get 60fps.

Looks great :smiley:

use the [video] tags to embed gameplay :wink:

Thanks Thatimster, your tutorials are awesome! I’ve learned so much from them, thanks for taking the time to comment and for the kind words.