Render 360 for Facebook

I have been searching all around for how I can render a 360 panorama-like image, and upload to Facebook to be viewed in the spherical viewer. All I can come up with is “It has to be a legitamate panorama made on a smart phone”(not helpful), and “Use the Ricoh method” (which does not work). I am able to render as a 360, I think, with messing with the camera settings, but I am unable to upload to Facebook as a 360 viewable image.

I think it’s all to do with the meta tags - when exporting from Premiere you have to tick a box to say that it is a VR video, if you don’t have access to Premiere, you’d need some sort of other tool which allows you to edit/write the relevant meta data.

I have tried that before, and it does not work. I used several types, but did not work.

I had this issue with some of my photography images, it’s the metadata. I found a site that has the correct templates to get Facebook to recognize the file as a 360 file. I can describe how to do this using Photoshop, GIMP is probably similar in function if you don’t have PS.

You can use the templates on this page: https://facebook360.fb.com/editing-360-photos-injecting-metadata/

I’ve posted a few renders with no issues using the full-sphere template.