emperor coast

Trying to create a penguin landscape.

I think it looks nice.

I’m not an artist but a few things come to mind.

The rock furthest out looks odd. Somehow it doesn’t seem to fit. I don’t know… I think it is a perspective issue? Or a shape issue? Again, I’m not an artist so it is difficult to describe my problem with it.

I’m not sure if you are using references. I googled to look at penguins on the beach. I don’t think the water color is quite right from the images I’ve seen. But if you have a reference and the water does look like that then I apologize.

I’m also looking at snow pictures. There’s something off with yours but I’m impressed with the shading! But then I’m second guessing myself whether it should be shaded like that and if that is the actual problem? I can’t really say. So, to sum my thought up, when you look at it alone, it looks good but in the picture, I’m not quite sure.

Very impressive you can do this to begin with! Really amazing!

I asked my friend who actually has some experience. This is what he said:

The snow looks like you used a water texture. The rocks in the water seem to be floating a bit. It seems either the light is right on top or there are two different suns. So, it seems too bright. Factoring in the dark clouds, the beach and snow should be darker. I would’ve put the light point over the ocean and have the rest darker. From this angle, there should be less water, but it is hard to say for sure due to the picture’s perspective. I’d lower the picture and therefore making the sky bigger. Then I’d angle the snow some more too. Also, for perspective reasons, I’d sharpen the corners more. Notice how active the ocean is. The tide most likely would not sit long enough for the light to reflect that much off it. The sea form should not be reflective at all because of how rapid the water moves.

Thanks man for the feedback. For the iceberg i used this texture and node if u guys can help and make it better i am open to it.

For the rocks, in the part where they seem to be floating, there is a small hill on the beach. Thats why there is a different visual effect. For the enviroment i used only a sky texture with no lamps(no sun lamps), i think the problem might be that there is too much glare filter. This is how the penguis look from up close, i used 4 different furs( 1 white,1 orange and 2 different black). If u guys would like to suggest any imporvements i would appreciate.

This is the sky with a few modifications.

Changed the ice texture image, but i see no difference. I think that the bump on this note set up has too much influence.Also some more glare is added in the midground