Blender & Unity - KLEPTO - Space Thief.

Hey all!, just here to advertise a new game me and my team have been working on at university. Check us out here:

If you want to read more about the development and how we’re doing things check out our blog:

I will be updating this page with all the latest changes, as well as on Facebook. We would love some feedback, your ideas might even make it into the game!.

Latest Update:

Click HERE to Download for free.
if that link doesn’t work try this: https://contraryscholars.itch.io/klepto-beta

It Looks Good man i would just say that work more on your persentation , i’d say that if you present it properly people would like it even more hey im excited to know what this project’s about !!!

So how will players enjoy the game?

Fred/K.S

Thanks for the feedback! What exactly would you recommend in terms of presentation? We will continue to render more characters into the scene as development continues.

The game is stealth based and is set in an office. The player needs to sneak around as a thief grabbing office supplies that they then sell for upgrades.

For more information and work from us check us out on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/contraryscholars/?hc_ref=SEARCH&fref=nf

Another Render with an office worker being stolen from:[ATTACH=CONFIG]478821[/ATTACH]

Attachments

Just noticed that the color settings on my monitor were wrong, this is what you were meant to see:

I actually liked the less saturated look better :smiley:

Thanks for the feedback! What exactly would you recommend in terms of presentation? We will continue to render more characters into the scene as development continues.

The game is stealth based and is set in an office. The player needs to sneak around as a thief grabbing office supplies that they then sell for upgrades.

Sorry for the late reply it looks good as far as i see it !!!
The presentation is professional enough but you guy’s need to expand more !!!

Meaning like makin trailers etc otherwise the pictures look great , the chars show originality !!!

Nice !!! I like it …

Fred/K.S

Thanks again for your feedback, we appreciate all and every piece and to come. We are using Unity game engine because its more efficient for the UI and coding languages and resources etc… We have a prototype ready for presentation which is today. We will be making a video demonstrating the general game idea.

Wow iam really excited to hear about that , Wow okay i will check out the video then…
But im sure that you are atleast using blender to model the assets right?
I also have Unity but the coding is abit more complex than with python , i prefer python
Than C++ ey and blender works great for my projects so im sure that you and your team of developers will eventually try out one of my Games that iam making this year and then you’ll see which engine is more flexible .

I love unity its just that i dont have a team to help me so blender is my Everything.

Fred/K.S

Yes, we are using Blender to Model and Animate, We use substance painter for the textures, and Headus to Unwrap. Our programmers code in C# so that’s great for us!

If you like, here is a sneak peak at what we are making.

for the past 8 weeks we have been working hard at creating something that would appeal to our audience. With that comes some hard changes such as game mechanics, new characters and a new style.

We are proud to show a screen shot from one of our levels that are currently being developed.

Wow I realty like the work her, it’s amazingEver thought of adding multiplayer feature

We’re currently fleshing out the mechanics and making things feel good with the player. Multiplayer may seem like an easy add however it would require a new set of rules and systems to fit with our story planned. We will be revealing a small game play video to demonstrate what we have made thus far but please keep in mind that most things are still in the works (textures, objects, colors etc)

The game looks interesting indeed! I see from your recent screenshot that the game has changed significantly. Is the concept of office thief still the same or has that changed as well? Also, for this school project were you given the option to choose which programs to use for each part of the game?

Look forward to seeing some gameplay!
Cheers

Polygobblerr

Yes, so the underlying systems of the game are very similar, but we decided that for a full years project, the office thief idea was a bit too small in scope. We are wary of overscoping too, as everyone making a game should be :stuck_out_tongue:

In terms of your second question, yes we did get to pick all of the software that we wanted to use. Our game engine of choice is Unity 5, and for modelling and texturing we use blender and the substance suite respectively :slight_smile:

Looks really cool from what I’ve seen so far. Looking forward to seeing the gameplay video.

Looks good,
But I don’t see why you post an Unity game in a Blender Game Engine forum.
Post it in animation or models section. Otherwise it is inappropriate. :wink:

We create everything in Blender, we are showcasing what Blender can do for engines and games hence the fitting forum.

Thanks for the comment. If you were to look at the character, what would you call it, since we haven’t quite named it yet.

From the forum rules:

Please do not post projects here that were made for other engines. Volunteer requests for such projects should be posted to the off-topic forum, non-BGE works in progress should be posted to Works in Progress.

Not arguing or something, just those are the rules. :wink: