Can you record/play a video in BGE?

I have an cutscene animation set up which works properly when viewed in the blender game editor (looking through the player camera and pressing play on timeline), yet sort of glitches out upon being triggered in game due to some parenting issue I cannot figure out. I’m wondering if it’s possible in Blender to record the animation being played just from my 3D view window and then have it triggered to piay in game. If you know how to do this or any similar method that might work I would really appreciate your input, thanks.

I don’t think that is possible. I’ve used this for a year now.

May be upload a screen to see the exact scene?

I think you might use third party software like “Fraps”. Make a simple Python code to start fraps and save the video in a desired location. Then you can use Blender video plugin to play the video, which is already set as texture on a plane. All of this can be in realtime.

That did enter my name too about using fraps, but as for a video plugin, I didn’t know there was one.

TRhe only task I can think of when I tried something with having video was for the LIS demo, I needed an animated screen for the flight deck of the ship, as seen in the film, there is plasma screen with a cool model animation in it. It was pointless since it was copyrighted from the film.

Are you talking about something like this?: http://www.blendswap.com/blends/view/84012

Here is the file link https://www.dropbox.com/s/xskpc8arpj…cut.blend?dl=0
If you look through the camera right after opening and then play the timeline you will see the animation I want to play and if you play the game engine you’ll see it doesn’t work.
I haven’t really used python yet, would you have a link to a script I could use to try that? Or any good tutorials on how to set that up?

so far all i could tell is that your animation didnt start on frame 0. all animations should start on zero, then use an actuator to cue them.

all animations do not have to start on frame 0, that is why there is a start and end frame option in the action logic brick

i said “Should”, not “Required”. there are times when its helpful to not, but for best practice, frame zero should be the go to. but the position of the timeline will affect the initial positions of things, so returning to 0 for default is an easy thing to remember.

i understand it’s just that those objects all have multiple animations on them. the frame number itself should not effect the position of an object it should only be determined by the key frame you’ve assigned to that frame number, regardless it is not the source of my bug

if you want to play regular animation in the game engine, you have to use the action actuator, that can trigger and control animations of objects whenever you want in the game
or
to record the result of classical animation setup from a camera in OpenGL, you can try to use the “OpenGL render Active Viewport” button in the bottom toolbar of the viewport (the icon with movie clap) and then use the VideoTexture to display the recorded video file in the game without messing with animations/actions in the game…