Object and Material ID/Pass index

I find that it’s really hard to manage my Object/Material ID’s. The only way that I know of to audit each ID/Pass Index is to click on the object or material and look at the Pass Index on by one. Is there a better way to manage this data? Is there somewhere else in the UI that shows all of the current ID’s in use? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I’m not aware of one. (Did any clever soul ever write a Python script?) But it would be an extremely useful idea.

There really needs to be some way to quickly enumerate all of the IDs of various kinds, and the things to which they refer … and to quickly identify when the same ID has been used more than once.

2 Likes

maybe you can take a look to this python script http://blender.stackexchange.com/questions/5332/get-object-color-property-in-cycles

Not sure how much it helps but there is a way to get a list of them. Could use the outliner to view datablocks, open the hierarchy a bit (numpad_+) and search for pass

1 Like

This is very helpful and exactly what I was looking for. It was all about expanding with “(numpad_+)” that seem to do the trick.

Thank you!