Advanced Transform

Advanced Transform 0.3

Advanced Transform v0.2

I want to say that this is the most useful addon I’ve made, as it is intended to simplify the most frequently used actions (Move, Rotate, Scale).

There are following changes in v0.2:
Fixed moving and scaling on 1 axis; now it accurately determines along which axis you moved the mouse!
Added a plane as a guide for better orientation in space when moving!
It works with any of your orientation or standard modes except View and Gimbal.
Rotation is completely redesigned! There is a circle, which visually shows you how many degrees you rotated for!

Basic features of the Move tool:
Just by holding the left mouse button and moving the cursor in the direction of the axis you need, you will immediately move something on this axis! There is no more need to beat your tired fingers on the keyboard pressing (X, Y or Z). Simply move the mouse along the axis! And the plane on the background will help you navigate! Example

Holding the right mouse button you will move on 2 axes the axis to which you are looking will be removed. Again, you will move along the axes in which the rear plane lies.Example

The middle mouse button activates the movement across all the 3 axes!

The space bar activates the movement along the 3 axes and the binding to the polygons and their normals, with all your binding settings savedExample

Rotation tool:
Holding the left mouse button, you activate the rotation along the axis you are looking atExample
By holding down the right mouse button, you activate the rotation with a binding of 15 degreesExample

Scale Tool:
The mouse buttons are similar to the move tool.Example
Space key. Scales your selection to 0 (turns it into a plane). It also works as a selection of one axis just by moving the mouse cursor along the axisExample
Shift key. Use it to make your selection specular (same thing you do when you scale - just press -1). Works as well as selecting of 1 axis just by moving the mouse cursor along the axisExample

Standard Hotkeys:
G - Move
R - Rotate
S - Scale
blender 2.8 adaptation by Nikita Akimov

Blender 3.2+ Update from @Kiellog

AdvancedTransform.py

Download 2.79 - https://gum.co/Xgdyopk

15 Likes

Mini update, corrected Rotation 45 degrees

1 Like

it does not get out of the mode . i mean if i press G then moved my object to x axis, not how do i get out of grab mode, it doesnt get out of it . i have to close blender

draguu, And in rotate and scale mode, the same thing ?
Have this happen if I do not release the G button. But I think you would release the button before closing the blender.
If you send me a personal message with your blender settings, that I could do the tests. Otherwise, I just can not reproduce the error.

looks great :slight_smile: But on Windows at least, I had to kill Blender. Whatever I pressed (escape, LMB, RMB, etc.) the grab operator will start over and over again indefinitely. And with continuous grab, it was impossible to get the mouse to close Blender.

Edit: ok, like Draguu actually. I tried with factory settings and it was the same. So it doesn’t come from my config (only left click select was changed).

Yes, with the standard settings there is such a problem. I need time to come up with the logic of a modal operator.
Thank
thank you, guys

I made a temporary patch, it only works at 2.78. Also you will not like if you use 3ds max presets

fix fixed looping - Will work in an older version of Blender and for any config
fix local in EDIT MODE - Corrected the transformation by LOCAL if you are in EDIT MESH mode

if you use transform orientation ‘the Gimbal or the View’ run default transform

Please do more tests. I want the Addon to work well!

I need people to help the community. Help make a beautiful description addon in English.

This is exactly what I’ve been wanting or a long time now!
It worked this way in my previous modeling software (NVIL), and I’ve missed it a lot.
I’m looking forward to testing this out and seeing if I can set it up with my own hotkeys!

I also very love NVIL :slight_smile:

Very interested.
I will definitely try it on occasion.
to this page will follow the news.

I can’t get it to work well. There are a few issues, possibly because of my hotkeys:

When using Grab, holding G toggles between grab and slide continuously, and it messes everything up.
Example:

With Scale, it works well, but: If I let go of S and left mouse button, and then try to rotate my viewport (Which I have set to alt-lmb), the tool is still active and will scale. Example:

That second action was unintended.

The fact is that you pressed the button.
You must press and release, then use the mouse buttons
I will try to anticipate this, but if the button is clamped even after the end of the operation, the tool will re-enter

I can not fix this, so the standard translate into a blender.

You can try it for yourself!
Do not press the button for a long time, pressed and immediately released
As a variation, you can try disabling these options

Pressing it for only a short time is just a very awkward action. I’ll try the other options you suggest later!

Advanced Transform v0.2

I want to say that this is the most useful addon I’ve made, as it is intended to simplify the most frequently used actions (Move, Rotate, Scale).

There are following changes in v0.2:
Fixed moving and scaling on 1 axis; now it accurately determines along which axis you moved the mouse!
Added a plane as a guide for better orientation in space when moving!
It works with any of your orientation or standard modes except View and Gimbal.
Rotation is completely redesigned! There is a circle, which visually shows you how many degrees you rotated for!
[B]

Basic features of the Move tool:
[/B]Just by holding the left mouse button and moving the cursor in the direction of the axis you need, you will immediately move something on this axis! There is no more need to beat your tired fingers on the keyboard pressing (X, Y or Z). Simply move the mouse along the axis! And the plane on the background will help you navigate! Example
Holding the right mouse button you will move on 2 axes the axis to which you are looking will be removed. Again, you will move along the axes in which the rear plane lies.Example
The middle mouse button activates the movement across all the 3 axes!

The space bar activates the movement along the 3 axes and the binding to the polygons and their normals, with all your binding settings savedExample
[B][B]

Rotation tool:
[/B][/B]Holding the left mouse button, you activate the rotation along the axis you are looking atExample
By holding down the right mouse button, you activate the rotation with a binding of 15 degreesExample
[B][B][B]

Scale Tool:
[/B][/B][/B]The mouse buttons are similar to the move tool.Example
Space key. Scales your selection to 0 (turns it into a plane). It also works as a selection of one axis just by moving the mouse cursor along the axisExample
Shift key. Use it to make your selection specular (same thing you do when you scale - just press -1). Works as well as selecting of 1 axis just by moving the mouse cursor along the axisExample

Standard Hotkeys:
G - Move
R - Rotate
S - Scale[B]

Download - https://gum.co/Xgdyopk[/B]

I am going to download your addon but will have to reimburse you later in 10 days. Thanks for making it.

@bkjernisted , Thank you.

mini update
fix point in rotate https://i.imgur.com/2kYzBci.png
add text for rotate https://i.imgur.com/xRiFkSV.png
add color by axis rotate https://i.imgur.com/983oliP.gifv

updata
fix pivot point > active
fix rotation 15 angle pivot point > cursor
fix matrix error https://i.imgur.com/lPdrG9c.png
Download - https://gum.co/Xgdyopk

Interesting, I am going to test this when I have some time.