Remix: Maika Sozo, Leia

Remix

Original by concept artist Maika Sozo

Wow, the remix looks a lot better for once (unlike random out of place dubstep remixes on Youtube). It’s amazing how you were able to touch up the quality from the first picture to the second one. I can see the emphasis in detail in places like the fabric of the cape and the face’s shading. I also like the achromatic change as the first picture seemed to throw together colors that just don’t match together side by side. It’s also interesting how you even touched up the watermark too as most artists don’t do that.

Sorry Maika, but if you’re reading this, then you should probably work on choosing color and fixing that blurriness.

Edit: Wait, the first one is the remix? Well, this is awkward…
Sometimes people put the original first followed by the edit as a before/after kind of thing.

I liked the colors, and bluryness,

Maika’s just felt very cold and sharp,

I was suggesting heaven/nature/warmth/life * with the colors, but I can add linework on top if you like contrast, it just felt right this way.

Ethereal

(you don’t see the woods “through” her?)

Edit:
Do you like this better?

Greyscale?

A few minor tweeks

It would look nicer if it didn’t look so ‘messy’ (ie. what looks like jpeg artifacts on the face and rough edges).

I get that you like your new neural-based photo-bashing/style transfer tools, but just be careful about the fact that your overall skill with 2D work still matters a lot (ie. making sure you don’t treat it as a ‘make art’ button). It’s fine to use it to form a base, but do set aside some time to brush up on manual/traditional touch-up skills and techniques (skills which could work wonders on this image).

Thank you for your continued admiration,

Your are truly an amazing fan.

lol shit I remember this now

It’s the neural style transfer thread from way back in like January. Here we go all over again.

Edit: This is what I’m talking about.

;D

Izok
I am learning.

I’m not disparaging you, I just want you to take note that the importance of skill and the virtue of practice (at least in today’s world) can not be displaced by or replaced entirely by the use of new technologies and algorithms.

Yes, the technology out there for photo editing is pretty advanced now, but unless were able to literally extract mages from the brain, there will still be a need to develop a proficiency in the use of manual tools (dodge/burn, clone, smudge, soften, layer-based editing and masking, anything brush-based, ect…).

Yeah, It’s tricky on the phone atm but you can double expose, and use a white, or black image, and manipulate the mask (tedious but very precise) (it’s the only way I can get a good stroke without a stylus) you can choose burn/dodge/softlight etc

Thank you for your critique ace,

I am sorry that sometimes am over_reactive to feedback*