Proportion Critique Needed

So i made this quick caricature-style sketch today, seeing how far i can push the proportions. I tried to make the nose as big as possible without making everything seem completely off balance. I would like to hear, if you think you could make a nose bigger than that and if so how. :slight_smile: Looking forward to your suggestions. Cheers and Happy Blending!

This might work if you’re going for a caricature look.

The nose is looking kinda ridiculous to me until I cover the mouth then it’s verging on believable. I think by building out the mouth and cheeks a bit you might actually get away with this. I agree with gradyp, tho - it’s leaning very heavily toward caricature. If that’s what you’re shooting for then have at it. If not then maybe safer reducing the nose a bit.

Hehe! Just to make this very clear this IS supposed to be caricature style. So gradyp you think this MIGHT work as a caricature… thats exactly what i was thinking and why i am asking. I am not sure that i didnt overdo it already it feels like 5% too much to me. @P3nT4gR4m Ok so if you see this and the nose looks immediately ridiculous it is too much, also as a caricature right? I actually thought about either sculpting out the lower half of the face or to tuck his forehead and chin back to make kind of a supporting pyramid shape for his nose in his face, but i wanted the nose to be the real distinguishing feature and therefore didnt want to alter the other shapes too heavily. The ears kinda had to be big too it felt to me :slight_smile: thx for the feedback guys and happy blending!

It doesn’t really work because the other parts isn’t adjusted to work well with the new proportions. Off-balance is what actually happens here. Caricature might be what it is aiming for, but it still didn’t work.

Thx for the feedback @Ralmon Meril Crould you please tell me what facial stucture- changes would better support the nose (excluding enlarging other parts of course. Looking forward to your reply. Happy blending!

Well, that would be difficult. Well one thing you could try to make the face longer (does that constitute enlarging other parts?).

Hi,

As said in the title, I do not know, what You are aimin’ on with this caricature. But maybe It helps, if I send only a simple (tripple) example for drawn caricature (cartoon)… (I think the persons are well known…)