[OSX] Need help with middle mouse button sticking.

USBOverdrive Version: 3.3 (unregistered so far)
Mouse: Elecom M-DT2DR Trackball
OS X: 10.12.4
Application: Blender 3.78c

The Elecom software for the trackball was awful and had issues after the update to 10.12.4 so I installed USB Overdrive.

I have no issues with USB Overdrive in other applications.
I have no issues with Blender and the middle mouse button not using USB Overdrive.

When using Blender with USB Overdrive active after 5-15min I will be using the middle mouse to rotate or pan and it will stick. To unstick it I have to disable USB Overdrive and re-enable it or exit and restart Blender. Since this only happens with these to packages running together and not when either is running separate I can only guess that it has something to do with some communication between them but I have no idea what or if that is the actual problem or where the problem might be.

Without USB Overdrive I lose access to the rest of the buttons on the trackball and it’s preferred over the Elecom software even if Elecom updates to fix issues with 10.12.4

I have contacted the support for USB Overdrive for possible solutions as well and waiting to hear back but I thought I would post here as well to see if someone might have some insight.

I appreciate any help or suggestions and if I hear back from the USB Overdrive support I will update this.

You provide a good description of the problem, so I would suggest posting a bug report over at https://developer.blender.org/ if for no other reason than to have it archived for posterity.

Having said that, I’m fairly certain you are the only person in the world who has this particularly obscure problem, which makes it very unlikely that it will be fixed. My only piece of advice is “Don’t be that guy”. If you absolutely must have problems, have the ones that most people have. Don’t use Trackballs. Don’t use “USB Overdrive”. (Don’t use a Mac)

These idiosyncrasies are weak links in your workflow. Eliminate them.

THIS FTW. but instead of “Trackballs”, lets just leave it at crappy mice, since some here may actually like trackballs(or need them).

Here is one other person with the same problem. bmmcwhirt Please post if Elecom gets back to you.