Request: code tags(icon) in quick reply

Hello,

Could you please add the code tags to the normal (fast)editor instead of going to advanced editor first?
This would make replies quicker, and people don’t have to tell others to use code tags every time, due to they mostly use the fast editor.

Thanks

the icon to click on (like quote icon) is not on the icon bar, would be nice to have a small icon next to the quote one for example.

Note:
At this point of editing this post, the code icon is not present in this editor as well.

Is this in the “fancy” (WYSIWYG) editor? In the plain text editor, any tag works just fine… but I’m assuming you’re talking about the other since I believe that’s the default. I just wanted to clarify and be sure.

but I’m assuming you’re talking about the other since I believe that’s the default

Not the advanced, im talking about the one i write in now (quick reply) i did not mean that the tags aren’t working, the icon to click on (like quote icon) is not on the icon bar, would be nice to have a small icon next to the quote one for example.

i second this.

any news on this small implementation?

Not as of yet.

At this time we are 4 months ahead.

Any update, because this option takes like 5 minutes max for your webmaster to implement.
It would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Not yet. The priority has been on testing for the Discourse migration… but I’ll check on this feature.

That would be great, however if you change the forum soon (in the upcoming months) then just add that feature in the new one and don’t bother with this setup. But if it will take a while it would be great to see it appear on this forum.

anyway, thanks.

Now, with the new forum, i thought we would get code tags finally in the editors, Why is this not the case? where is the button?

The preformatted text are not code tags, does not work like code tags (no highlights) so we still need to manually write exactly like this now(remove the *):

[code]
if a == b:
test[‘peep’] = True
[/code*]

results in:

if a == b:
    test['peep'] = True

if we do:

[code]if a == b:
test[‘peep’] = True[/code*]

or:
(tilde)if a == b:
test[‘peep’] = True(tilde)

we get:

if a == b: test['peep'] = True

even missing half the highlights in the first method

That’s markdown syntax. Personally, I prefer triple backticks. So…

```
if a == b:
    test['peep'] = True
```

And that will result in

if a == b:
    test['peep'] = True

with highlighting and everything. I’m not sure why having extra carriage returns is problematic.

Oh i did not know that that is an option as well, makes it a bit faster, but still there is no button for it?
Why not? Pasting code select it and hit the button to format it, is just a nice and easy way instead of having to write it all.

I asked for a code button here

I created this topic a year ago(with the old forum) and had the impression that the new forum would be better, but instead this forum is way worse then the old one. Anyway i wanted to stick with my own topic.

On the upside (and noted in the other thread), @bartv has put it on is to-do, just as a low-priority task.

It’s a shame that @bartv even put it on a low priority. I know this is just a small task to do, very small, so it can be high priority, but let’s hope that he is busy writing a better mod-rewrite file then, so that the old links wil be converted to the new links(people are not coming from google anymore(look at your traffic tracker). So many issues with this new forum. And that after more then a year of testing? sorry but shame on you guys.

But i’m glad that it is on the list, can’t wait till it actually arrives.