Triastase's Daily Render Month

Hello there!

I am challenging myself to create daily artworks for one month and have started today with this simple render, which I call “Trapped Light”:

What do you think?

I will be busy enough creating the renders and posting them on my blog, where you can also find some background thoughts about this project, and on instagram. That is why I have decided to only post updates on this forum every few days.

BUT this will, of course (hopefully) be the best place to talk about applied techniques and such. So, if you have any suggestions, critics or questions about any of the renders, don’t hold yourself back! :wink:

Hey! I really like the idea of a daily render, that’s why i created a sketchbook myself. Ok, i don’t think you need to force yourself to deliver every day, but i think its a good habit to finish small projects in one or two hours :slight_smile: I like the image you created here, this could be like an alien artifact special effect thing for a movie or something. Interesting light pattern. Looking forward to more stuff. Will you do mostly abstract stuff or also like characters or hard surface models? Cheers and happy blending

Thank you for your kind words! For a start I will probably do abstract stuff only, simply because I do not think that I could finish anything else in a few hours. But maybe that will change during the month, with more experience in “keeping in short”. :smiley:

To get some more feedback I want to share with you my second daily render already: “Organic Ocean”

As you might have already noticed, I have kind of fallen in love with the mixture of the wireframe modifier and subdivision surface… This time I wanted to create a wave pattern, where you can guess the 3D structure even though it’s only shown from above. Is that working? :stuck_out_tongue:

It is definitely one of THE things to learn (keeping it short and sweet that is). Definitely one of my challenges when it comes to art. Learning to let go, no matter what the result may look like and how far it is from your vision. Eventually you will get closer and closer to a desired result no matter what timeframe you set, because you learn to be quick and not to be clingy with your meshes and so on. I have to say your second render keeps in style with the first one.

Oh and to answer your question: For me it is yes and no :wink: Yes it is definitely working, but it’s not the first thing that comes to mind for me :slight_smile:

Thank you for commenting again, ChrisCordova!

Here’s the new one: “Color Injected”. Very different style, as you can see :wink:

Hey guys! :slight_smile:

Here are my new ones (“Ferrofluid”, “Fractal Icosphere”, “Fractal Cube”):

As a fan of mathematical art I tried to get as close to 3D fractals as I can get in blender by combining wireframe and subdivision surface.

By the way, I really find it pleasing to do this challenge, as I think that it is helping me to get better and more versatile, just because I take the time to find new ways of combining different techniques.

But I really would like to do some more “real” things. Not photorealistic, but at least not just abstract. Do you have any suggestions for things I could be able to do in one to two hours? :slight_smile:

Big update

These were the most recent ones. What do you think? :slight_smile:

Trying more stuff with colors…

Glass Cloud 1

Glass Cloud 2

Weird Rock

Pixel Mug (designed for 3D print)

Alien Plant (kind of proud of the dirt)

Porcelain Spiral

All three of these are based on the same porcelain shader, which is simple but gives nice results, I think.

Color Drop

Different Colors

Color Blob

(Shamelessly reusing the same material base twice… :smiley: )

Back to the style I was going for in the beginning…

Striped Glass

Embedded Metal

Blue Emerald

You can see an overview of the entire month on my website, if you’d like to. :slight_smile: