Sprytile - Tile map editing for Blender

https://68.media.tumblr.com/faff80804f902ba3a2923d07ac345e4e/tumblr_onkz9jeIal1qethjso1_540.gif

Sprytile is an addon that gives Blender tile map editing capabilities. The workflow is designed mainly for low poly and pixel art style texture work, but theoretically should work with higher resolution textures as well.

The addon is opensource and is free to download, but if you find it useful any support you give would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Been playing around with this for a few days. It’s super fun to use! Keep up the good work!!!

Wow!!!

I like it !!!

Nice idea! : - )

Really impressive work, and the cursor flow is a must have!
the tutorials are well written.

little feedbacks :
Maybe, an easier initial setup would be a plus, like a “start/wizard” button in your panel, which will prepare the shadeless material(as you have already) +texture, and asks directly for a tileset, without having to go to texture panel on the right.

The need to be in edit mode, once the tileset is loaded should be more explained.
the keys to rotate(like 1,2) and other important keys should be displayed at last on your panel, at the best over the interface if not too heavy.

Please, don’t see it like complaints, it’s just ideas.
Thank you very much

Great tool,
Thank you very much

Thanks for the feedback, I’ll take these ideas into consideration.!

Good addon. Thanks

Hi!
If future improvements are planned for your addon, would you kindly “preview” the placement of the tile before applying, by example with a wire plane or anything else.
It will help a lot to see exactly where the tile will be.
Thank you.

Tile placement preview has been implemented in a recent update, will get more polish in future updates.

Awesome !!!
Tested your last build, and the placement preview is really well done.
The alpha can even be set ! and the work plane to see the axis is a good idea.

edit : About the rotation and the flip buttons, my bad, they were already here, and I had not seen them :slight_smile:

I removed the addon, but I still got this error :
search for unknown operator ‘SPRYTILE_OT_modal_tool’, ‘SPRYTILE_OT_modal_tool’

I get it for example when I try to enable iskeyfree.py
Any idea how I can clean it up ?

I re-installed the addon, so I could remove the shortcut, disabled it, and removed it.
Still same error. Deleted also temp folders.

Ah Cleaninstalled Windows, problem solved