iconic panther

do you see a panther? was aiming for the 90’s style of club signs… http://jelly.haifashion.eu/dl/projects/panther.png

Looks more like a wolf / tiger

yeah, pretty much … been trying to push it more into the panther direction by playing with the light spots but seems to stay a tigerwolf, so i think it’s allright for this piece. if you’ve got an idea how to improve it into the panther direction, don’t hesitate to tell me…

btw … have seen your sketches lately, do you use charcoal for the b/w sketches? what kind of colors did you use to ink the colored ones?

dunno the last time you saw a wolf but they look nowt like them to me.
having modelled panther myself and getting a bit familiar w/ panther features i’d say that’s very good - the only things i’d mention is that the eyebrows don’t convey the snarl [should be angled down towards the nose] and the snout is a little large/heavy. if you google “panther snarl” or similar you’ll find some good references.

hey wolfie, thanks for your reply an the pointer to the reference search! i’ll have a closer look at the eyebrows and the snarl again. i also understand the doubts from kwikker as the result isn’t exactly looking like a panther. but that’s no problem.

meanwhile, i was cutting a stamp lately and printed on a casual shirt. the textile slipped a bit out of position, so the second layer of color isn’t exactly on the first.

the cool thing about stamping is you can print larger scaled formats in very small editions easily without messing around with several screens, transfer inks and solvents. in this case the print is about 370mm x 350mm. the bad thing is you have to be very precise putting the stamp and there is always a pretty individual textured look due the way the color is transferred to the fabric. i like the kind of vintage/used structure of the color which couldn’t be achieved with a classic screen print but it’s surely not everyone’s taste.

shirt:

stamp: