horse reins

hey guys

what do you think would be best way for animation to show someone holding horse reins please?
I am experimenting with different things like actual rope models to using curved paths and animating with hooks but would using a physics system be better please?

if so to achieve a nice look of the reins being floppy while held in the hands, what would be the best method please? cloth? soft body? anyone got any experience of something like this please or similar?

any help would be fantastic, thank you :slight_smile:

Difficult to see what you want, can you please post an image or a video of what you want to achieve :slight_smile:

thank you for your reply. will try and find a video to show what I mean. sorry if I didn’t make myself clear.

ok this is the image of my scene. he is only holding one rein at the moment until I figure it out but he will hold 2 eventually. I want the reins to move loosely so didn’t know whether animating or using physics would work best.

Both ways will work but I will go with animation because you will have more control but if you want something quick then you can use cloth sim this means a lot tutorial to watch and read. Good luck with your project :slight_smile:

thanks so much for taking the time to reply :slight_smile: