Video mapping - Call for projects

Hey everyone.
It’s been a long time since the last time I was on this forum. I got off 3D because of life, being busy and following other interests. But a few months ago I started working on a project at work which led me right back to 3D and blender. (Blender got sooo gooood with cycles and all these new features :D)

If you want to get the information straight from the source, here it is.

So this project I’m working on is a crowdsourced projection mapping project. I work in a research institute (MEI) in Yverdon-les-Bains, Switzerland and we have been participating in a digital media festival for the past 2 years. Every year we have some sort of video mapping in the city center. This year we want to get as many artists to submit their work to showcase them on the night of the 25th and 26th of August.

This call for project is open to everyone and unless you ignore the guidelines there is a good chance your work is going to be projected at least once on these two nights.

For people who are worried because they have never done any projection mapping, don’t worry. There is everything you need on that website. Models, tips and guidance, and if it isn’t enough I’m here to answer questions.

I know most of you won’t be able to view their work here in Switzerland but if there is demand I can stream the video mapping live using Facebook or YouTube (to be determined). If the time difference in your country is too great, the projection will be filmed so you will be able to see your work on that building no matter what.

So we’re looking for images or videos between 30 and 120 seconds.
and here is what we’ll be projecting on, a 27m high temple:

If you want to participate or you just want to find out more, here is the link: ng17.heig-vd.ch/
Facebook Page(in french): https://www.facebook.com/ng17mapping
Here are some pictures from last years event where we projected on the same building: flickr

and here is what we did in 2015 and 2016. It was quiet different as you can see.

And of course, if you have any question I’ll gladly answer them right here.