Blender 3D - Circular ornament modeling

Does Create B-Arch duplicate modeling to all segments? I have the add on but am having trouble how to execute. It occurs at the 9:54 on the video.

You don’t need a special addon, just use the array modifier paired with an empty for the offset.

Thank you so much. I have 5 sections of my cup in a circle now. Is it possible to join the mesh of each section so it is seamless between the parts?

Yes, check “merge” in your array modifier and “clipping” in your mirror modifier. I would also place the subsurf modifier below the array.

Thank you that does help. Now I’m trying to orient the highlighted vertexes to the Y axis so I can model to better hide the seam.

Mirror first, then array

Edit: ah. already have. freaking cropshots.

From what I can guess you are saying/asking…

Turn “clipping” off - rotate all vertices 36 degrees anticlockwise, set 3D cursor, select required vertices, key S Y 0 Return, rotate all vertices back 36 degrees, turn clipping back on. Then all those vertices will be planar.

Then select all vertices and key CTRL+N to normalise the faces, then it won’t look awful…

Dont’ clip your screenshots, show the complete Blender Window, when asking for help, this has two effects:

1. It really pisses off @JA12, not recommended - he will really help you a lot if you don’t upset him!

2. We cannot see all we need to see for your setup, so can’t help you so much.

You can always play with the constraints/mods while you are editing to make your life easier, but remember to put them back where they belong.

Why do you have a Solidify mod in there, I don’t see any need for this, unless you would like to explain it to me… It doesn’t make this a solid object, putting a base on it does that. Use Solidify to make it, for example, look like it is pressed from a sheet on metal.

You have at least one “Ngon” in there (more than 4 sided polygon) - these do not work with Sub-Surf Mods - get rid of it and work only in Quads if you are using a Sub-Surf Mod, which you should be as you are making a “sculpted” mesh.

Finally - post the blend file so we can sort it for you, or at least see what you might have done wrong. As you are new here, you may need to post to pastell.org in the “blends” section, then post the URL here.

Cheers, Clock.

PS. Welcome to BA. if no-one else has said this already.

Thank you so much. I am keeping notes of everything you suggest. I rotated the section 36 degrees and the Empty -36.

I’m very sorry I am trying to repeat this again by creating a Mirror Array with hexagonal geometry instead of pentagonal. The problem is when I try to create an array the sections are different scale values.

You scaled the empty. Select it and do Alt-S to clear the scale. Then set the size in the properties panel, if you want it smaller.

I tried deleting the Empty and creating a new one but the problem remains.

Another example. I want the sections to connect around the Empty.

You need to turn off relative and constant offset, leave object offset on and choose the empty in the box below it. Remember to not scale the empty and that the empty and object have their origin at the same location.

The Array created scales down the repeated sections.

Very sorry the issue was Ctl+A. I will add to my notes. Thank you for your help.