Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    New Denoise Build with Disney Included.

https://mega.nz/#!0g4mnI7R!FPEwOkjGp...2S4Tn6Q28kJnOg

Enjoy, And if you can follow the donation link on the splash screen to buy me a beer or pizza for my efforts.

A few samples with scramble distance 0 are great for cartoon like renders. A full hd render takes 3 seconds on CPU. CPU is faster than GPU in this case. Freestyle adds another 20 seconds.

24s.jpg
    I can only give suggestions, personal opinions and constructive critique, but it is your decision what you do with it.

Originally Posted by bigbad View Post
    A few samples with scramble distance 0 are great for cartoon like renders. A full hd render takes 3 seconds on CPU. CPU is faster than GPU in this case. Freestyle adds another 20 seconds.

24s.jpg
    I can only say 'wow!'
    Everything's relative. Even saying "Everything's relative".

Freestyle adds another 20 seconds.
    Does anyone if it's possible for a developer to add multithreading functionality to Freestyle?

If you do a cartoon animation with the dithered sobol patch, more than 80 percent of your time will be spent waiting for those lines to draw (because of that all being single-threaded). Multithreading alone should nearly eliminate that bottleneck.
    Sweet Dragon dreams, lovely Dragon kisses, gorgeous Dragon hugs. How sweet would life be to romp with Dragons, teasing you with their fire and you being in their games, perhaps they can even turn you into one as well.
    Adventures in Cycles; My official sketchbook

Originally Posted by Ace Dragon View Post
    Does anyone if it's possible for a developer to add multithreading functionality to Freestyle?

If you do a cartoon animation with the dithered sobol patch, more than 80 percent of your time will be spent waiting for those lines to draw (because of that all being single-threaded). Multithreading alone should nearly eliminate that bottleneck.
    The above image was done with my latest test branch which didn't include blue noise dithered sobol, Just the base sample scramble for Sobol and CMJ. I never found the blue noise dithered version any faster but i promised to people ill add it for testing anyway. Maybe Cuda gives faster results with blue noise than scramble alone, Im on Opencl so cant test that.

I have added grass and textures to an old scene (plus Depth of field) to test how fast current version can render. It's awesome

Rendering takes 23 seconds WOW,
    10 samples Path tracing (I don't know why 10 samples looks good it's impossible x])
    AO bounces 2,
    dense grass + dof,
    Lucas denoiser,
    1280x720
    Geforce gtx 1050 ti

If I only had this before - when I rendered my first animation (two weeks ago).

When I started learning blender - a few months ago I couldn't render such quality in less than hmm an hour or less, but now it takes only 23 sec .
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Mobiledeveloper; 19-Apr-17 at 21:11.
    I am learning English so sorry for any mistakes.
    my animations: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbV...Y9ExjzjaIprrAA
    my addon: https://blenderartists.org/forum/sho...-or-virtualdub

Originally Posted by 3DLuver View Post
    Hey Guys,

Here's a little Easter Sunday Gift for you all to play with after your sunday lunch.

OCL_Denoise_V5_RayDivergenceReduction_PersistantSc eneData:

https://mega.nz/#!c8IiFL6A!lSeiA0C6t...idFvCkiZre8APk

This Build includes:

Opencl&Cuda_GPU Denoise system (This is Lukas latest Denoise code system)
    GPU Denoise Multi GPU support (Even in Viewport, Def works for Cuda but not tested multiple Opencl GPU)
    Scramble Distance added for solbol and multi jitter (works on CPU & GPU) Also added to Supported features render tab
    Thread DiverganceSort Reduction patch (Gives 30% speedup in classromm and 8% in barcellona)
    Latest Master
    Cycles: Implement persistent storage for all scene data (Patch D2613)
    Cuda & Opencl Supported

Enjoy.
    tried this buiild, it gives me 'cuda binary kernel for this graphics card compute capability (5.0) not found' with GPU, I'm using 750ti, I copied the sm5.0 from other build then it renders black (somehow it renders some point light source), however it renders fine with CPU and the speed and result is pretty impressive, I'm still fathoming what does the scrambling distance actually do though, so can anyone help me out on cuda kernel?

Originally Posted by Ace Dragon View Post

The only solution to this right now is to have 4 or 5 instances of blender up when rendering. The limit is how much RAM memory you have. It takes a few gigabytes per scene just to make freestyle work.
    I can only give suggestions, personal opinions and constructive critique, but it is your decision what you do with it.

I am using official daily builds.
    "AO Bounces" (any number) doesn't seam to make any diffference in rendering time or quality.
    Any tip?

24s.jpg
    I forgot to say - 3 sec WOW. Nice. Blender internal will be useless soon. Cycles is great!. Free style should be faster
    I am learning English so sorry for any mistakes.
    my animations: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbV...Y9ExjzjaIprrAA
    my addon: https://blenderartists.org/forum/sho...-or-virtualdub

Hey,

Lukas updated the temp denoise branch so this is the experimental version from that with as many additions as i could make.

Lukas 20 April update:

https://mega.nz/#!9sRCUBTL!kcvASWpmg...GR8g64OZxDvVyA

Build includes:

GPU Denoise Multi GPU support (Even in Viewport, Def works for Cuda but not tested multiple Opencl GPU)
    Scramble Distance added for solbol and multi jitter (works on CPU & GPU) Also added to Supported features render tab
    Blue Noise Dithered Sobol with scramble
    Thread DiverganceSort Reduction patch (Gives 30% speedup in classromm and 8% in barcellona)
    Latest Master
    Cuda & Opencl Supported
    Disney BSDF
    Compositor SMAA Node
    Material Node editor New Noise lyapuno/ mandelbulb Procedural Additions

Originally Posted by 3DLuver View Post
    Hey,

Lukas updated the temp denoise branch so this is the experimental version from that with as many additions as i could make.

Lukas 20 April update:

https://mega.nz/#!9sRCUBTL!kcvASWpmg...GR8g64OZxDvVyA

Build includes:

Blue Noise Dithered Sobol with scramble
    Latest Master
    Cuda & Opencl Supported
    Disney BSDF
    Compositor SMAA Node
    Material Node editor New Noise lyapuno/ mandelbulb Procedural Additions
    What is "Thread DiverganceSort Reduction patch"? Is there a developerblender.org link to it or is it the official name of something I already linked haha. Is it the OpenCL Update?
    http://www.youtube.com/user/derekthebenderator YouTubes
    @LawdOdin Twitters
    Theory Studios We use blender on tv shows

I am also getting the CUDA kernel error witht 3DLuvers builds, but only with an 580.
    1070 works, 580 says it is lacking 2.0 compute capability.
    Paul's Law: You can't fall off the floor.

Originally Posted by Hoverkraft View Post
    I am also getting the CUDA kernel error witht 3DLuvers builds, but only with an 580.
    1070 works, 580 says it is lacking 2.0 compute capability.
    he may not have built with 580 compatibility.

Unfortunately the 580s are only 2.0 compute capability, which is going to be discontinued with the next cuda toolkit... which means that more then likely cycles will drop support for the 480s and 580s at that point in time. They have been a rock solid card for so many years but i guess it may be holding the toolkit back in terms of development.

Yeah, that's how it goes... Awesome cards, really pulled their weight for me cost/performance wise. But I'll still keep a working legacy build for them around, not everything needs to be rendered on the latest-and-greatest.
    Paul's Law: You can't fall off the floor.

I still can't believe that classroom scene takes just 1m 15s to get a good render. The only thing that doesn't look really good is the soft focus because the denoiser can't do magic.

1m15s.jpg

Edit: 2 AO bounces made the glass material black. 3 AO fixed it. 1m25s

1m25s.jpg
    Last edited by bigbad; 22-Apr-17 at 16:45.

I still can't believe that classroom scene takes just 1m 15s to get a good render. The only thing that doesn't look really good is the soft focus because the denoiser can't do magic.

1m15s.jpg

Edit: 2 AO bounces made the glass material black. 3 AO fixed it. 1m25s

1m25s.jpg
    The denoiser absolutely can do magic if you use it right.

Here is an video that uses denoising in animation
    @LawdOdin Twitters

@LordOdin

Freakish nice! , what is project bee?

@LordOdin

Freakish nice! , what is project bee?
    My friends school builds cars and this was a video to show it off. My friend made the video
    Last edited by LordOdin; 22-Apr-17 at 19:17.
    @LawdOdin Twitters

is there a working linux version link?

thank you!

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast