Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Hi LordOdin,
    did you also convert the shaders to principled BSDF for all tests? Regarding the shader benchmark of the Blackhartsfilm blog, the New principled bsdf is faster than the old ones. Therefore, a Material migration to principled bsdf should speed things up even more. Is that right?

Originally Posted by KarlAndreasGroß View Post
    Hi LordOdin,
    did you also convert the shaders to principled BSDF for all tests? Regarding the shader benchmark of the Blackhartsfilm blog, the New principled bsdf is faster than the old ones. Therefore, a Material migration to principled bsdf should speed things up even more. Is that right?
    Its faster than some slapped together PBR node group made by users. It more than likely wouldn't be faster than 1 or 2 of these lesser shader nodes mixed together

Originally Posted by slipknot66 View Post
    is there a working linux version link?

thank you!
    Not yet, that I know, but all the windows builds made by 3DLuver (and a big thank you) work perfectly under wine.

These patches are awesome, hours of rendering time reduced to few minutes (finally!).

I was wondering if people are rendering out batch sequences, animated frames for their tests ... or mostly still images ? Perhaps we should point this out when putting up test images.
    In my test case's at least the new Denoiser improvements are working extremely well across animated frames and giving me a massive speed boost in render times. But it would be good hear about more animation tests.

These are some examples of tests of animated batch frames I’ve been doing from a past project that I posted on the older Denoise thread. It’s a close up of a cyborg character. This is mostly just focusing on Denoise for animation rendering.
    I think that Cycles itself obviously has speeded up as well. I’m certain the ( before ) render times were higher a few builds back. I’m getting a before time of just over 15 min for the brain shot now when I’m sure it was nearer 20 when I rendered the project the first time.
    With Denoise and 100 samples render time is now down to 2 min 44. So that’s from around 20 min a frame a few builds back.
    DenoiseBrainComp.jpg

These are the main settings I’ve been trying.

Denoise_MyBasicSettings.jpg

I would like to say a big thank you again to Lukas and the team and also 3DLuver for providing these builds to the community. These additions to Cycles feel like a game changer.

Latest experimental builds lost the scrambling distance slider did it get moved somewhere else, or did that feature not make the cut?
    The BlenderArtist formerly known as Mexicoxican

principled shader: 2x faster, minimum
    denoiser: less samples, may be between 200 and 1000

really fast

Hi everyone! Linux download on the first post is empty 404 http://www.jensverwiebe.de/Blender/b...linux64.tar.xz Where can I find a working version to download linux build? thx.

Originally Posted by w3351 View Post
    Hi everyone! Linux download on the first post is empty 404 http://www.jensverwiebe.de/Blender/b...linux64.tar.xz Where can I find a working version to download linux build? thx.
    Yes, a linux version would be nice. I tried to donwload the experimental version from here (https://builder.blender.org/download/experimental/), but the denoise feature is not present.

Originally Posted by w3351 View Post
    I reenabled this now a bit outdated exp.-build again. I expected to do a new one last week but only denoiser branch got an update, not the whole exp. feature set. DL again but be aware this build has still the preview problem with multiple gpu !

Jens

Originally Posted by jensverwiebe View Post
    I reenabled this now a bit outdated exp.-build again. I expected to do a new one last week but only denoiser branch got an update, not the whole exp. feature set. DL again but be aware this build has still the preview problem with multiple gpu !

Jens
    Thank you Jens!!

Any updated OSX build coming soon? The one on the experimental builds page is from march 28

strange, that page now only lists experimental-build-blender-2.78-0dd5f71 for windows build, in blender it shows 2.78.4 while there was 'experimental-build-blender-2.78-82bcfb9-win64-vc14' which is 2.78.5 and has denoise and other new stuff, did I miss anything?

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678