Stream Tool

This is the first Stream Tool.
Next, I will add new ones.

Extrude is made to release HotKey and speed up the work, all the basic operations with Extrude are united into 1 tool. You simply select the desired action with the mouse buttons.

https://d1ro8r1rbfn3jf.cloudfront.net/ms_49483/hN9445vhEmvqL4RaXlHl30uaZOQZIq/streamextrude.gif?Expires=1491696568&Signature=bF1RxHDBRl3s3oPIusYYuoW3SpUgjYi3mc6gPhG4klUgk1aLXrS56h3OZ9UMQqUdWGfvdi7YrKT6GTOOshobZzYy6imM90Seo8w4NJsr4~8zlyu7Xv0jfTY-JI~jOk5TDDRl23r2801pVz4r-RpT7KsPr4g7Qu6nQrEHGvRtiiHZo1iqAX425tciiyH6~pw3LPdIBrK3gFcyUpcKnlaA3EzFGczRPsZi9sCb60C8CrL3eEGCmLnMPuCuy2ZNzcWFTYLUQX4vrnUFS7LFOknDO7XDhc9V9SkuTRqKTCI4E9UzeB8p0v5iIcvtpjKF0bvkGDBNe24HfXrSMp-Melrfcg__&Key-Pair-Id=APKAJHEJJBIZWFB73RSA

Download

My new addon.
It is designed for quick installation of the pivot at any point in the polygonal mesh.
I did it mainly for snapping and rotation.

Capabilities:
Cursor snapping to vertices, center edge and center face.
Getting the orientation of the element to which you are attached.
Addon automatically put the pivot in the position of the cursor and change the snap target to the high. But as soon as the selection changes the pivot and the snap target will return to its original position, which you had before using it.

Left mouse button will change the pivot and snap target
The middle mouse button puts the pivot without other changes
The right mouse button will create an orientation

HotKey “D” or run in the search menu “Stream Quick Set Pivot”

http://g.recordit.co/5kcVwufpbs.gif

Stream Quick Set Pivot v0.2
Fix BVHTree in edit mode
Fix return meshs elect mode(vertex, edge, face)
Bad fix calling twice

Stream Quick Set Pivot v0.3
Fix: work with modifiers

Snap view(It looks like zbrush)
Default hotkey alt+left mouse(maya)

use:
Press shift and release left mouse

Nice one, Darcvizer :wink: Always a good thing to speed up some procedures.

Good addition to the modeling toolkit!

Nice idea. Thanks

WIP the next tool the Quick Set Pivot

My new addon.
It is designed for quick installation of the pivot at any point in the polygonal mesh.
I did it mainly for snapping and rotation.

Capabilities:
Cursor snapping to vertices, center edge and center face.
Getting the orientation of the element to which you are attached.
Addon automatically put the pivot in the position of the cursor and change the snap target to the high. But as soon as the selection changes the pivot and the snap target will return to its original position, which you had before using it.

Left mouse button will change the pivot and snap target
The middle mouse button puts the pivot without other changes
The right mouse button will create an orientation

HotKey “D” or run in the search menu “Stream Quick Set Pivot”

http://g.recordit.co/5kcVwufpbs.gif

Great addon, very helpful

Looks very promising and fast :slight_smile:

thank you Darcvizer. you script remind me Tweak Component Tool from XSI with MMB on highlighter component - i guess idea of it from there :slight_smile:

and may be strange question but google said you back there work in xsi and in modo and you understand something in scripting in blender - here the question - here https://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Extensions:2.6/Py/Scripts/3D_interaction/BatchTransforms script which make working plane like in modo. But script not working (for now) - may be you can (if you want) use code from it to make script which act like working plane in modo…

Thank you.
@bnzs I’m afraid it’s too difficult for me. I just started to learn how to program. And the author of the Batch Transforms is something like my patron. If it were not for @ dairin0d, I would have managed to navigate this and with this.

It would be perfect if you can solve the calling twice error pop up other than that it works quite nicely :slight_smile:

Stream Quick Set Pivot v0.2
Fix BVHTree in edit mode
Fix return meshs elect mode(vertex, edge, face)
Bad fix calling twice

Stream Quick Set Pivot v0.3
Fix: work with modifiers

Great job no more error messages works like a charm :stuck_out_tongue:

Snap view(It looks like zbrush)
Default hotkey alt+left mouse(maya)

use:
Press shift and release left mouse

When I activate this, I see ‘Error (see console)’, but there’s no error in the console…

@Mighty Pea
This is normal. I tried to configure the hotkeys in addon preferences. But it did not work.
This error does not affect how the addon works

Love the snapping at the center of edge and faces part !

This addon still in development. He does not fall but does not work as I wanted. The benchmark for me is Softimage XSI

You say that it doesn’t affect how the addon works, but: it doesn’t work for me.
It’s also confusing that you say alt-lmb is the default hotkey, but… you have to release shift to get it to work?