Compiler flags, trying to run Blender on IA-32 (Blender 2.69, 32-Bit)

The older versions of Blender run on virtually anything. The 2.6x+ versions however, do not. SSE2 instructions are now required, at least on Windows, I have not tried any other operating systems.

I tried to go into blender’s source code and look at the compiler flags myself but I’m bashing my head on the desk just trying to figure out how to do anything.

Man I hate coding, it’s going to take me ages to teach myself C++ for developing my own games. ugh.

Anyways, could someone see if in Blender 2.69’s compiler flags if you would be able to enable support on IA-32 and or MMX instructions?

It bothers to stare at my Gateway 2000 and not using it for my projects, I absolutely love that machine, and I really, really do not like the older versions of Blender, beginning with the insanely annoying view-port camera rotation.

Thanks in advance, my preferred version of Blender is 2.69 since it’s one of the last to support Windows XP and runs the best on older machines. It’s a perfect balance between patches and features, and compatibility.

I’m willing to PAY you to get Blender 2.69 running on IA-32 out of pure desperation. If my Pentium 1 (non-MMX) Gateway 2000 can run Blender 2.69 I will forever be happy. <3

Until then I’m going to force myself to SOMETIMES deal with the earliest Blender version’s pretty ewie interface and massive amount of glitches and missing features in just raw modeling and view-port camera rotation wierdness.