Moana (behind the scenes)

“Moana” finally done… hope this makes your day :slight_smile: "what can i say except you’re welcome !!! :smiley: " <3

it took about 1 week to complete.
the hardest part was to create ocean with the wet sand.
also the hair part was little difficult.
I wanted to make it look more Toon but in little realistic way . so made dot eyes character with 2d smile :slight_smile: rendered in cycles on 2000 samples. and did little editing in gimp (border, flare ,logo etc)
so let me know how you like it :slight_smile:

BEHIND THE SCENES HERE : https://www.blendernation.com/2017/04/19/blendernation-exclusive-interview-nita-ravalji-moana/

Attachments

1 Like

So… only question is, who will take second and third place :slight_smile:

Woow, that is beautiful! So much detail! The colors are stunning!

Beautiful!
Obviously we do not have the disney hair engine :slight_smile: , but the hair you got is very good too!

Awwww~ Love the lighting and expressions!

This is amazing!!!
Would you mind sharing how you made the hair and the log he’s sitting on?

so nice work, it looks so sweet. :o

hahaha you predicted it :slight_smile:

It wasn’t hard to predict. The moment I saw it, I was like “whoa”… It really shone among all the others. But please, next time give other contestants a chance, for the love of god! :wink:

Love it! Your images are alway so cute, detailed and vivid. Great job!

very impressive.

Great job, Nita. The picture put a big smile on my face.

wow :slight_smile: So Beautiful

thank you so much guys… :slight_smile:

one great news… i’m giving away The hook… you can download it from : HERE

Keep Blending :slight_smile:

3 Likes

well that is just awesome! great work! i was wondering, would you be able to provide a little more detail regarding the scene setup? like, how you set up the background, the waves and beach objects, etc. you can see a little bit from your screenshot there, but not much. awesome stuff!

yes sure. i’v just given the interview in Blender nation explaining the process. i will post here when it gets published…

Super cute, impressive work !

wow!!! this did just make my day:D The moana only one is just so beautiful. Your skills have come on so much and i really love how colourful it is! Fantastic:)

OMG i’m melting with smile :slight_smile: Thank you so much for admiring my work :slight_smile:

Great work. Makes me want to see the movie in ur version of them. :yes: