GLSL filters on ATI crash blenderplayer on start new game actuator.

Hey guys,
As title say…when I have active GLSL filter on ATI 7500 series or Radeon R9 280 X and activate “start new game” actuator - bge loads the new blend and crashes on initializing scene render.
When there are no GLSL filters it loads new blend and initialize without problem.
When I load the first scene everything is OK with filters, it crashes only when I use “start new game” actuator, like when pressing “start new game” button from the main menu.

Another strange thing is if GLSL is enabled and I disable them with “remove filter” actuator and then start new blend it still crashes.
This happens 100% of the time in full screen mode and 60%-70% of the time in window mode. And it happens with standalone player…in editor it works…at least it worked for me.

Could someone with ATI video test my demo of TJ2and give some feedback about this problem?

If testing with ATI card and still want to play the demo - try to deactivate Outlines and Bloom filters from menu options, then quit the game and start it again and it should work. However with filters on, it is not working for me. :frowning:

The demo is made with 2.78c, I’ve tested it with 2.78 and 2.78a and “b” and it does same thing.

Can you make a demo blend file for testing in different versions?

I will, tomorrow.:slight_smile: Meanwhile if you are with ATI you can try the demo link and see of it crashes.

The game crash after i start the exe. I got AMD R7 200 series, OS Win8.1 64. What filters are you using?

Hmm…try to edit the last lines in “config.cfg” in the root directory like this:
enableGLSL 0
Filter_AtiFix 0
Filter_Antialiasing 0
Filter_Bloom 0
Filter_Outlines 0
Filter_Chromeaberr 0

Also…if you have no audio device(speakers or headsets)plugged in the game will crash.

crashes at start game, downloaded - options - turn bloom on - start game - crash
Rx 470 nitro+

without the game works

Thanks, I guess I must check if the player is playing the game with ATI on ‘start game’ and switch on/off the filters. I hope this bge bug will be fixed sometime. I had this problems with ATI cards since 2009.

Are you using correct filters i wonder(maybe a faulty piece of code somewhere that ati can’t handle)?
due to im using ati cards for ages, and im using bloom, ssao, dof and AA filters and i got no problems.

Note: i know filters can cause problems on ati, been testing some filters the past year for a few persons, and most of them didn’t even work, until they changed some parts of the code.

The problem is not in the filters or the ATI card it is in ‘start new game’ actuator when using ATI and filters.
I guess it is some kind of initializing scene bug, because first blend loads second blend without problem it crashes after loading, on initializing scene/render viewport or whatever it is called.

Waiting for a demo blend to try in upbge.

Today I tested it in UPBGE and it worked with ATI cards. It seems the bug is present only in BGE.
I guess it was connected also with something else, if this is already fixed in UPBGE.

Good to know.
In upbge, the raster, 2d filter, offscreen is refactored, rewritten, optimized. :slight_smile: