CDAnimated's Sketchbook - The Book of Sketch

Hello! Just thought I’d make a little sketchbook for a more convenient place to upload some renders, in case I want to take a look at them or show someone else when my main computer isn’t accessible. Feel free to take a look around, constructive criticism is always welcome. If nothing really catches your eye right now, you can check back after a while, since I plan to somewhat regularly update and/or add new stuff. Thank you for loaning me your eyes and time!

Here’s something to start with! Blue mushrooms! Makes for a nice desktop background, too.

Here’s a model I made a while back ago, put to good use. Everyone’s favorite friend! Or, the contrary!

I’ve had the concept of creating a procedural glowing crystal material for a while now, so I thought I’d give it a shot! After a bit of tweaking here and there, I ended up with this little scene

Here’s a little gif of progress:

Yoyos are cool, so I put one on my desk!

Haven’t posted in a bit, but have definitely still been blending. A friend of mine saw the crystal cave thing I did, and we had a little fun comparing to Xen from the first Half-Life, so I decided to make the crystals orange to match such a theme.

What a lovely magical cave. I’d love to explore there!

Thanks!! Glad you like it! I took a look at your sketchbook, and I must say I’m very impressed with the metal materials you used for your bolts! I’m working on another project too if you’re interested in taking a look. It isn’t done yet, but I’m always open to feedback!

Made some adjustments to a few materials, as well as added a few things like clouds and the moon. Also increased the contrast, but I’m not sure how I feel about that.