CDAnimated's Sketchbook - The Book of Sketch

Hello! Just thought I'd make a little sketchbook for a more convenient place to upload some renders, in case I want to take a look at them or show someone else when my main computer isn't accessible. Feel free to take a look around, constructive criticism is always welcome. If nothing really catches your eye right now, you can check back after a while, since I plan to somewhat regularly update and/or add new stuff. Thank you for loaning me your eyes and time!

Here's something to start with! Blue mushrooms! Makes for a nice desktop background, too.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	glowing_mushrooms_example.png 
Views:	23 
Size:	1.06 MB 
ID:	479820

Here's a model I made a while back ago, put to good use. Everyone's favorite friend! Or, the contrary!

Name:	blueshellexample1000samp.png 
Views:	17 
Size:	998.4 KB 
ID:	479830

Name:	blueshell1000samp.png 
Views:	15 
Size:	1.05 MB 
ID:	479831
    Last edited by CDAnimated; 11-Jan-18 at 19:05.

I've had the concept of creating a procedural glowing crystal material for a while now, so I thought I'd give it a shot! After a bit of tweaking here and there, I ended up with this little scene

Name:	crystal_glow2.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	117.3 KB 
ID:	511367

Here's a little gif of progress:
    https://imgur.com/a/NpyEM
    Last edited by CDAnimated; 11-Jan-18 at 19:12.

Yoyos are cool, so I put one on my desk!

Name:	blue_yoyo_example_median.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	112.9 KB 
ID:	486787

Haven't posted in a bit, but have definitely still been blending. A friend of mine saw the crystal cave thing I did, and we had a little fun comparing to Xen from the first Half-Life, so I decided to make the crystals orange to match such a theme.

Name:	crystalxen_glow.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	165.0 KB 
ID:	511371

What a lovely magical cave. I'd love to explore there!

Thanks!! Glad you like it! I took a look at your sketchbook, and I must say I'm very impressed with the metal materials you used for your bolts! I'm working on another project too if you're interested in taking a look. It isn't done yet, but I'm always open to feedback!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	untitled.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	180.4 KB 
ID:	511494
    Last edited by CDAnimated; 12-Jan-18 at 20:20.

Made some adjustments to a few materials, as well as added a few things like clouds and the moon. Also increased the contrast, but I'm not sure how I feel about that.

Name:	untitled.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	187.5 KB 
ID:	511815