MakeHuman import, not sure how

I’ve heard of and been looking into a software package called makehuman to let you quickly build human meshes, but I don’t understand how it can be integrated with blender. The documentation for the program all seems to be self-conflicting, something to do with how things have changed between versions. With the latest version of maehuman and the latest version of blender how does one go about getting the human model into blender, crucial doing it in such a way that the rig survives.

Oh and, if anyone does know, can makehuman be used to make monsters, creatures and aliens too, again it seems to be one of these things where documentation is self-conflicting as it has changed with time. I’ve seen pictures of monsters and aliens whoch claim makehuman was used, but in maehuman’s tutorials I can’t see how it could be done. Monsters as in giving someone horns, or turning someone into something like the borg from star trek but not things like utterly ripping apart the bipedal form to make quadrupeds, or add extra whole limbs.

I thought that this question about makehuman was appropriate on BLENDERartists as I know that the two products, blender and makehuma,n have some close links and are designed to go together to some point, and as I’ve heard lots of blender users saying makehuman was a starting point for characters used within larger scsnes and animations they’ve made.
Yours appreciatively, Jackson

You will need to use the MHX2 addon for Blender. Its usage is not so straightforward but it is very nice once the model is properly imported into Blender.

Just in case you have not heard about it yet, there is a Blender addon called ManuelBastioniLab that has great similarities to MakeHuman. You might want to look into that if you are intending to use Blender and are not already acquainted with MakeHuman. There is a new release of MBL comming up in a weeks time so you might want to wait for that.

I tried manualbastinonilab before, but it doesn’t seem to have as many features as makehuman, or am I wrong there? Is it infact as versatile as makehuman but all kept inside blender?

I think makehuman have more options atm eg… hair, clothes etc…

Makehuman also assumes that we are adults and allows us to work with nude models rather than censoring it for us. Having to get rid of the fig leaf for every character is annoying and absurd.

I do not think it is absurd at all. Many of the potential users of MBL are located in USA, where the publics view on this subject is much more pious than in most other countries. The censor is easily removed, just read the FAQ. I think it is a very good decision to have it enabled by default.