rendering to a server

Hello

I work at a school and we are looking at blender as a program for students to use but we have never really used it before. now we have a very good server sitting in the office not being used, is it possible for the students to render their work to the server instead of using the machines? if so, is there also a way where we can make it so the image frames go to the network user and not the machine? since it is a school and multiple kids will use the computers in a day.

hope that makes sense, if not could you suggest any other ideas on how to do it on a much larger scale.

Blender has a large learning curve, that takes people years to learn properly. Since blender is a 3D program I am not sure a server would be able to handle all of that computations needed. Sorry I can’t be of much help, I know my school used 3d Max, but I do not know if they used servers. Maybe you could have the students save their work to the server, but I do not know if the server would be powerful enough to render. Although recently there have been cheap server grade CPUs online, if the school could build a few computers with 16+ cores each then that would make for a great blender server. Best of luck