Tons of Noise in Render

(noise is hard to see until enlarged)

Hello,
After rendering for 8 hours and 45 mins on my GTX 980 this scene still has tons of noise. I have tried using branched path tracing but the result was no better and possibly worse. There is a sheet of very slightly frosted glass at the end of the counter and the bowl has an anisotropic shader on it. The grass is a mix of glossy and diffuse shaders with a bit of translucency. I have never had this much noise before and would like to know how to fix it. I am not sure if it has to do with my rendering settings or shader setup. Thanks!

From the description it is clear that:
a) there is noise;
b) problem is in your blend file.

Hope it helps!
PS. to give any meaningful answer you should inform us about your light setup, render settings etc etc. Linking the actual blend file is best.

Thanks for the quick reply. I have an area light over the grass wall and the rest is lit with an HDRI. Here is a screenshot of the render settings

It may be from the reflective and refractive caustics. Try turning that off or using the Clamp settings in the samplling menu.

Do you have multiple importance sampling turned on in the world panel. If not - turn it on and make the map size at least 1024 (perhaps even 2048)

Set your clamp direct setting to 10.
Set clamp indirect setting to 3.

In your light paths panel - turn up your filter glossy setting (to perhaps 0.15 or 0.2).

Try changing your sampling pattern to “Correlated Multi Jittered” (in the past I found this gives less noise on glossy surfaces).

Thanks for the help guys! After fiddling around with the clamp settings and the filter glossy this is what I got with the same number of samples as the noisy one.

P.S. For some reason it only took about half the time to render (about 4.5 hours)