How to add glow to the lamp object only (don't want emissions shader)

I was trying everything to add glow to the lamp object, but firstly I need to isolate lamp. So lamp has object pass, but this pass doesn’t work for some reason. Then after pass didn’t work I tried to put lamp in a different layer but it’s just showed me black background and no light. I know I can do that with emission shader but it doesn’t give me same result. Because I am making firebug so by simply inserting point lamp into firebugs translucent ass I have that nice galo effect, only thing left is to add glow, but I cannot. Please don’t tell me that such a small thing is impossible in Blender because I will have to use emission sphere, but I don’t want that. And why lamps object pass doesn’t work?

Since nobody commented I assume that pass index for the lamp in Blender really doesn’t work and it’s in it just for the appearances sake, just for the tick. I decided to keep lamp and put a sphere on top of it, so used pass index of a sphere to blur it a bit and add a glow and it turned good

That’s often exactly the thing that you have to do, to get the job done. Create a separate thing that is responsible for the glow-circle, and make it just look believable-enough. And, if the glowing-thing is supposed to cast a glow upon some other object nearby, treat that effect altogether-separately, too. I often make very-liberal use of compositing (and MultiLayer OpenEXR files).

As Alfred Hitchcock said to Ingrid Bergman: Fake It, Ingrid!” :yes: