Laptop can't use smoke/fire in Blender 2.76v

Hello guys,
So I’m just getting into blender and have been watching Blender Guru’s tutorials. But my computer does not show either the smoke nor the fire animations?? What can I do to fix this, or is it that my computer is just too old with an integrated GPU that can’t handle the animation? Can I change something in the settings?

Since my laptop is so old, I have to use Blender 2.76v 64-bit to get past the OpenGL(CL?) 2.1 requirement and instead use OpenGL/CL 1.4v.

Most likely your laptop will limit you. Gpu most likely won’t be your problem. I recommend updating all your drivers, if that doesn’t do it, you may have to fall back to an even older version of blender. Make sure you use the performance setting on your pc, most laptops reserve computing power to save battery.

Especially on an old laptop you must get the best out of it.

To ensure you have set up the smoke sim correctly use Object / Quick Effects / Quick Smoke menu. Run the sim with Alt+A. At a frame render the scene. If you cannot see the smoke then your old computer is not capable of rendering smoke. You can try a very old version of blender but you’ll most likely see the same result. If so then you’ll have to think of another type of scene to render, one without smoke.

So quick smoke doesn’t appear, so what other tools are out of my reach?? Oh, and thank you very much for the helpful advice.