Happy Easter!

Happy Easter to everyone!

I’ve been testing RenderStreet, totally worth it for me and quite liberating, as I no longer have to torture my laptop now :).

1 Like

You should finish this off with a robot chick hatching!

Where is the chocolate, is it inside? But kidding aside, really cool design! :slight_smile:

Nice concept!

what aircraft displacement and texture did you use ?

That looks like an actual model, so did you make that with Hard Ops and/or Box Cutter or something? Or is that actual displacement with a ton of subdivisions? Or is that just Cycles displacement? Or is that… Microdisplacement??? I HAVE to know D:

Thanks in advance, sorry for the interrogative tone :’)

That looks awesome, I am thinking there would be a mechanical little dragon comes out from egg. :cool:

Looks like what astronauts would get for easter. I like this design.

Very cool idea and well executed! I’m wondering, how you came up with this. :slight_smile:

That’s a great idea Shawn. Sb else suggested a mess of green cables below. Can’t wait for next easter to attempt both of these things :smiley:

If you look closely, there’s a drain on the eggs… obviously for liquid chocolate, just gotta press the button :smiley:

Thanks, appreciated.

There’s no displacement on this, It’s all normal and parallax mapped decals, created using DECALmachine, an addon, I’ve just released.

It’s none of these, haha. It’s a 10k tri model, if you believe it. It’s normal and parallax mapped decals and it was done using DECALmachine, and addon I’ve just released :slight_smile:

You know, a dragon is is really cool idea to take this even further. Maybe mix two eggs, one hatching a chick as suggested by Shawn above and have another hatch a dragon and you’ve got a great setup for a little story. Thanks!

Thanks man, I had my doubts about the white egg initially, because it’s so uneasterly, being unpainted, but it just looked too good and made for a great focal point :slight_smile:

Quite spontanously on Thursday evening. I have a bit of a fascination of turning simple things, simple form into something more interesting. See my prev Probe assets, which essentially is just a sphere :slight_smile:

With a good foundation in design you should always be able to turn something simple into something more complex and with more more sophistication, making it interesting while retaining it’s simplicity. So, it’s just an egg, but it’s also not… Ahh, design metaphysics :smiley: If you are asking about how I made it technically, see my prev replies! Thanks!