[BGMC24] Robbed & Pent

Robbed & Pent

Story
You play as a director of a massive technology production coorporation. A new facility complex has been built and you have arrived for your first work day. Your assistant showcases all the advanced technologies aswell as security systems used in the building. Than she leaves work early(trip with family?) and you’re now sitting alone in office. Once you decide to go and make some coffee, security system gets overriden and you’re locked in. Now you have to figure your way out.

Art Style
At the beggining levels will be totally modern, perfectly shaped facilities and rooms. As you advance, you’ll have to take maintenance routs which will not be as fancy. Hopefully I will make enaugh assets to build up at least 8 different sections with their own puzzles to solve(and danger all accross).

Assets
I am planning to make all the visual and audio assets withing first 3-4 days. After that I may spend my time composing puzzles and adding in additional features. If I use any resources from online sources, I will post them here.
[reserved space]

Screenshots
https://blenderartists.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=480795&d=1492458665
Main Character Model & Textures(WIP)

Videos
[reserved space]

Hey this sounds like a cool, but very ambitious project for 7 days. As far as I get it, your game heavily relies on puzzle solving, so I´d personally recommend, that you invest more time in composing intersting and fun puzzles, than you invest in asset creation. I´d much rather play a game that is fun and looks a bit thrown together, than a game that is just assets and boring, repetitive puzzles…

Of course that´s just my opinion, maybe you already have ideas for some great puzzles. Just try to simplify your idea as much as possible, so that you create a finished game :slight_smile:

Actually I think that 3 or 4 days for puzzles should be enaugh for me to make some fun cases. Of course, I will start making them already when I have made enaugh assets for them. I’m also not gone spend too much time for creating models and textures as they are really not that important, as you said. Yet I want to get character animations to look as good as possible. Yea… I am not good rigger so this is gone be the biggest challenge.

Update 001
Main character model almost complete. Just left to fix ears and add some details of clothing, than can start texturing. My plan for tomorrow is to finish the main character model, create rig and start animating. After that I will start making levels. Hopefully I can get it done in time;)

Character textures going well. Looks like today I can finish texturing and rigging, tomorrow make animations and controls. Than I will have 4 more days for level creation. I hope all goes like planned;)

Didn’t you say on youtube that you wanted to make a game with me sometime? maybe a bit after the competition we can do something together?

Would be cool, we should definetly do it;)

Day 2 Status Report
Unfourtunately I didn’t save the last face texture(closed Blender without saving texture). This stole me some precious time. However, it also gave me opportunity to make a better texture. Here is a screenshot of the new texture. I plan to finish texturing tonight and possibly also make some rigs. Tomorrow I will make animations and code character movement. If all goes as planned, I will have 4 days for level creation. Let’s pray I make no more mistakes like this.

P.S. After some trial of rigging I noticed that I just can’t do it. I have too few experience with armatures. I would be really happy if somebody would join me to help me make this project. I need somebody who is capable to do an acceptable rig. Anybody?

It’s looking nice. I’m a bit tight for time but I could try to build you an IK rig… if you want. (But I’m not even doing that much for my game).

I’m excited to see how this game turns out.

Thanks. If you really can find some time, I’d really appreciate it. And than, of course, I’d help with something at your project. Just PM me if you find a free moment;)