Beginner needs tutorial Book

Can anyone reccomend a book that concentrates on the Blender game maker. I am useless with coding and am trying to get a game / walkthrough to demo my mesh skills and designs. I don't need any actions other than move around and not bump into things.
    Some tutorials are too blurry or to quick for me to follow. Hence the book.
    Thanks
    Dicon

youtube, way cheaper then books because its free, you can pause the movie at anytime, and you can bookmark it for later reference.

look at character movement tutorials, it has everything you are looking for.
    '- It's not working' then check your console like: this
    Did you know that you can make a complete game with the .blends that i share?

https://github.com/mikepan/GameEngin...ster/README.md
    This book was released a few time ago by Mike Pan and Dalai Felinto. Perfect reading for beginners

You could check on this "Game Development with Blender". Dalai Felinto and Mike Pan worked on this book for 2 to 3 years. It is all about various aspects of the game engine in Blender.

Blender Game question.

My "Quick reply" to my question of a book isn't working, so ..... thanks to all. I have just ordered Game Development with Blender". Dalai Felinto and Mike Pan from Amazon. Looks just what I need.
    Again thanks all.
    Dicon

Hello Dicon.
    The "Game Development with Blender" book is a good choice.

In the "Free BGE text tutorial index" (link see beneath) are some links to tutorials about basically movement. Look at the second page under "Movement" and "Bullet physics".
    "Character physics" (in the Properties editor, physics tab) is a good choice for beginners, I think.
    Greeting
    achisp
    Last edited by achisp; 18-Apr-17 at 06:37.