Mesh reduced to one Face on UV

Hey guys, This is my second week stumbling my way around blender and I’ve been able to google myself out of most problems but I’ve run into an issue that’s baffling me. Since most of my resolutions end up on this forum I figured this would be the best place to ask…

I’m trying to port a model into Unreal Engine and somewhere along the line after a few edits to the mesh the texture started being displayed as shrunken and tiled. Here’s a few pics:

Two separate meshes, The headgear on top is displaying fine.

When I select the Body mesh the UV looks like this:

Applying the UV makes the body look like this:

http://i.imgur.com/3NdYYsz.jpg < Nightmare fuel

Retracing my steps (sadly I cannot undo that far back) The texture was displaying fine in both meshes until I made two edits:

1. Extended a face on the mesh and merged it with a vertex. (was trying to close the back in one of her accessories)
  2. Removed the UV from the object data menu. (I was flailing looking for a fix)
  3. I might have flipped the normals back and forth a few times (I have no clue what I’m doing)

If anyone can help me save this model, (I’ve spent about a day and a half tweaking it to fit another game engine) I’d appreciate it. Here’s my Blender file.

Attachments

MTK_upload.blend (747 KB)

You’ve deleted the original UVs so you have screwed up if you want to use that texture. Delete what you have a start again from the original object.

If you make changes to the object then check you have not messed up the UVs or you’ll be back to wasting your time again. For some tools look in the toolshelf in the tool options and it may give you the option to correct the UVs for that operation.

What I feared. Welp. Thanks for the reply, I’ll have to be more careful.