faking 2D NPR\comic rendering with 3D inblender X2

the goal was to produce a pipeline that as best as possible doesn’t look like 3d with lines, try this many times before over the years with limited success… always wanted to make my own comic and drawn cartoon as a child, but couldn’t draw for shit, now I am almost 40 and still play around with it from time to time… when family and work doesn’t get in the way, while drawing ability is seen as a must have, 3D software with a little effort and a little know how(not an artist) get u around that hurdle a bit…well enough rambling

the goal was to create a process that didn’t just look like 3d with lines…as best as possible anyways…not a fan of cel shaded 3D, just don’t like it for some reason

anyway same image two variants…hopefully it looks as convincing to u as it does to me

moved an RGB curve that was killing scene contrast and the tungsten light effect I was going for from compositing to materials opening the file in my “filmic” blender version (not shown) also adds sum quality, up next change of scenery and animation.

As an aside can blender be configured to render every second and fifth frame on a single job? have found that not rendering the entire frame set makes the animation much more believable along with adding some slight jittery movement with transforms in the VSE or similar

me again not 100% where I had hoped for this to go, but I am satisfied I got this far…going to do a short animation based on this concept, then move to new concept using the same processes

this is going to continue on and end as a 2.79 project since no internal in 2.8

and credit will be given for all models used with the animation…wanted to concentrate on the rendering, so used quite a bit of assets from blend swap…for the people that recognize their work big big thanks, u saved my far less talented self a lot of work with your generosity