Explosions and stuff - Star Wars style

I have been playing around in Blender for a few years, never really doing anything serious. So recently I have challenged myself to do something fun and epic. I have played around with simulations and rigid bodies lately and decided that doing tests is just boring. So why not spice things up a bit? Combining all the sim stuff with star wars.

So today I modelled one of the shield generators from a star destroyer, in order to have something fun to blow up. So far I only have the model and some rigid body sims. Later I will play with smoke, sparks and all the stuff I need to make it look cool.

Heavily inspired by the space battle scenes from Rogue One.

So for the test I want to have stuff blowing up in layers. Hull plating cracking and falling apart, as well as underlying layers of detail being revealed.

Here is what I have so far:

Here is the first rigid body test:

And of course some mandatory lasers!

Videos are set to private. This is interesting

I would really like the see the Videos but they are all private.
Also would you be so kind to share the .blend?

Whoops, didn’t catch the fact that they were private! They should be visible now!

I so need that.

Looks excellent. That laser canon must of had a good night to have 2 streams separate that much.

Been a while since I posted the last stuff.

Here are some planets I made in 2.8. They are all EEVEE renders. Wanted to see if I could make something awesome in realtime as opposed to using cycles. There is some great potential here! These renders are 100% done in EEVEE with some nice bloom effects. 2-3 second renders. This would take a great deal longer in cycles.

All I want now is to be able to do render layers, for compositing and making it more pretty :slight_smile:

EEVEE seems to be a great tool in combination with cycles down the road. Speeding things up, and so on.

I will be doing some animations with these bad boys, will post here as I go!

Attachments