[Add-on] Cuber

Introducing Cuber add-on. Built to enhance boolean workflows inside Blender’s edit mode.

Only available at Gumroad for now.

2 Likes

quick doodles.

This tool looks great! I should give it a shot when I find some free time. Thanks a lot.

Some random doodle.

looks nice that mesh snapshot feature specially, no need to take copies to another layers anymore. Will it save data inside mesh if you reopen your file?

@fiendish55, the snapshot feature is pretty simple, it operates on a parent to child system. If you create a snapshot of you main workmesh then it will parent a child copy of that and hide it.

If you pick the child on the list it then becomes the parent and hides the rest of the children. The snapshots are “physical copies” of the work mesh and not saved as mesh data to avoid cluttering Blender’s mesh data repository with fake users.

This way you know it’s there and can take actions to delete it manually or using the - icon in the snapshot list.

Pressing alt-h also unhides the snapshot children but if you pick a child it will show you a “show main workmesh” button to hide all the snapshots and show you the main workmesh or the parent.

How are you creating the repeating elements like in the first and last images on the Gumroad page? I looked through your videos with Cuber in the title but couldn’t find any examples of you doing this. It’d be cool if you could perform an array like modifier on a cube element after you’ve sculpted it before boolean.

Thanks for the nice addon. I have several addons (paid) that work with bolean. A good thing with this addon is that you can place the Boolean mesh very quickly and precise which is lacking in the other addons. Also I got less artifacts with the bevel with this workflow. I like it.

Any updates on when 2.15 will be available?

Sorry I haven’t topped up this thread, here’s a new vid. I’ll be releasing Cuber 2.15 pretty soon.

Here are some of my newer works with it. Last one is in combination with Ice Tools Pro.

Hi Iceking,
Thanks for the video, I learned a few more features from I didn’t know they were there.
What I like most about the addon: being able to place very precisely the intersection mesh (boolean-mesh). And that you can access all functions within a shortkey and a click. It’s a must have addon that is a bit undervalued at the moment, but there must be a good future.
The only thing I cannot get to work is Quick Select. How do I get something appear in the empty buttons?

Hi Peetie, thanks. The quick select is when you are not using the angle limit method and that uses bevel weights instead. It lists those assigned weights in the quick select boxes so you can easily pick and edit their values. When you pick another object, there’s a button to refresh the list for the bevel weights of that particular object.

Thanks, Salamat po, I see now how it works. I see now your other addon “Ice Tools Pro”, very interesting.

Some feedback:
I am having a hard time understanding what really defines this addon. I think it would really help to show a screenshot of the pie menu and the tools / operators available. The video and text descriptions are a lot more difficult to scan / grasp at a quick glance. All I can see are nice renders - less what it can do at a glance.
It looks like it is very powerful but not that many users have discovered it yet, perhaps this could help.

I very much like your artwork that you created with it, I’ll have a more in depth look of the video in my evening to better grasp the concept.

Maybe for someone else it’s different but for me the strongest point is as follows.

Usually, to precisely place a boolean mesh:

• you go in the base mesh its edit mode,
  • select for example two edges >
  • cursor to selected >
  • go out of edit mode >
  • add Mesh: cube

In Cuber it is:

• you go in the base mesh its edit mode,
  • select two edges (for example)
  • add intersector mesh

This is a relief already, but this is not it yet:
In Cuber we are now in a multi-object-edit mode.

That means that it’s now even getting simpeler:

• Select two edges (example)
  • add intersector mesh

And there are loads of functions to find you need often: mirror (the boolean mesh or the whole mesh), apply booleans, take snapshots of the mesh you are working on etc.
Cuber is an addon with a strong character. I have other paid addons but they feel more like a bunch of separate scripts in a bag.
I played also with the Ice King Tools pro for two days now, also good but Cuber is my favorite addon together with Asset management.

(did some edit later to remove some errors in my text).

Thanks, Peetie. Makes all those sleepless nights worth it. I’ll also be releasing the box cut, slice and draw feature soon.

Here’s a quick vid on the cuts.

Cuber User Guide #1 Intersect Mesh

Thanks for all these brilliant tutorials! Really helpful and intuitive!

When do you think the Cuber update will be available on Gumroad?

Hi

Is there any documentation for this addon… just trying to start out and videos are difficult to follow, Thanks looks very promising from what I have seen so far