Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: [Addon] DECALmachine

I don't think there's an easy way to do this right now. The whole strategy behind the atlasing is to have each decal appear only once.

Can you go into more detail as to why you need this?

Before anyone else bothers the dev with my issue, I tried getting a nightly build to work with DECALmachine, but after 2.79 official was released the Blender dev team updated Python from 3.5 to 3.6 and at this time that's a no-go for DECALmachine. But when 3.6 is supported I'll be all over it to see how this works with Eevee on Blender 2.8
    Lost in the voltage of a Eurorack patch gone mad. http://www.johnwise.com

Originally Posted by MACHIN3 View Post
    I don't think there's an easy way to do this right now. The whole strategy behind the atlasing is to have each decal appear only once.

Can you go into more detail as to why you need this?
    As I said I'm using same decals, for e.g indents on different parts of a mesh with different surface colors. I can't go for bake down decals approach as I'm using multilayer texturing. Problem I'm having right now is that I cant color match atlased decals to surface color because they all share same space. (I can manually with a lot of effort but not with atlas creation). Attached image will explain it.

fix.jpg

I understand that, I'm asking why you need this. Why do you need the decals multiple times in the atlas. What's your target platform?

Thanks for quick reply.

Sorry can't say whats my platform because of NDA. I need this because we are using multilayer approch, so we are assigning different tileable materials on meshes (Something like Substance Painter Multilayer). Right now we don't have full support for decals (the can't just overwrite just normals for example like in Star Citizen) and we need to match color of the decal to color of the surface by hand to make them somewhat believable.

Machine, can you make decals use AO as roughness mask (or specular multiplier mask)? So that dark places will be less glossy. Same thing for clearcoat. Also it would be great if normal map would be connected to clear-coat normal input in principled by default.
    This is how it looks now (left) vs after above mentioned changes:
    DM_rougness_spec_mask.jpg
    b) Also I'm not sure if there is a way to change decal/panel line after it was already placed (exept linking material from new decal)? I wish I could just select panel line/decal and change it to something else from insert list. This is pain especially for panel line, because preview is so small it is hard to select correct panel cut line at first try.
    c) Optionally I think after placing decal on surface you can run material match automatically.
    d) Optionally , some info placed in operator descriptors, about what each button does would be nice.

Great addon. I was to lazy to finish model below earlier, but with DM it is way easier.
    test2.jpg

Hi,
    I have two questions
    I'm new to these forums and purchasing blender addons

1 After reading these forums, I'm concerned about upgrades. I did not create an account on gumroad, i just entered my email and used my paypay account, I just read something about going back tothe salespage...

2 Are there libraries of decals? I've just seen people giving them away in a thread here about that plugin (which I've also recently purchased)

Hi, I have two questions

1. After reading these forums, I'm concerned about future upgrades. I purchased the product from gumroad and did not create an account there. I simply entered my email + used paypal. How will this work if I cannot access a sales page?

2 Are there any free decal libraries available such as I've seen for the asset management addon which I also purchawsed today. I do realize you can create them. I'm looking for free pre made libraries.

Hello
    Help me please install The Decalmachine Addon
    I'm following by https://machin3.io/DECALmachine/docs/installation/
    And get this error when i activated addon in blender
    http://www.pasteall.org/617168
    My system is gentoo 64bit with blender-git python-3.6 gcc-7.2

upd: i think problem is with python-3.6, because you give binares for python-3.5
    But blender now support only python 3.6
    MACHIN3 ,Can i recompile it by myself? how?
    Last edited by brothermechanic; 15-Oct-17 at 12:43.

It looks to me like you didn't follow the directions to copy PIL into your modules folder after extracting DECALmachine.

Originally Posted by brothermechanic View Post
    Hello
    Help me please install The Decalmachine Addon
    I'm following by https://machin3.io/DECALmachine/docs/installation/
    And get this error when i activated addon in blender
    http://www.pasteall.org/617168
    My system is gentoo 64bit with blender-git python-3.6 gcc-7.2

upd: i think problem is with python-3.6, because you give binares for python-3.5
    But blender now support only python 3.6
    MACHIN3 ,Can i recompile it by myself? how?
    I don't officially support nightly builds, which are now supplied with python 3.6. This breaks the supplied PILs.
    Anybody can always manually compile PIL instead of using the supplied ones by following these steps

Windows
    1. remove the modules/PIL folder, you don't need it anymore
    2. open 'cmd' as an admin and navigate to the blender installation folder (c:\program files\Blender Foundation\...)
    3. find the 2.79\python\bin folder, you are looking for a file called 'python.exe'
    4. download https://bootstrap.pypa.io/get-pip.py and put it into the bin folder
    5. in cmd, from the bin folder, type 'python.exe get-pip.py'
    6. when done, go one folder up(from bin) and go into the (new) Scripts folder. You are looking for a file called 'pip.exe'
    7. when you've found it, run 'pip.exe install pillow'

Linux + MacOS
    1. remove the PIL folder from scripts/modules
    2. find your blender binary and in the terminal go to the 2.79/python/bin folder
    3. download and put this script into the bin folder https://bootstrap.pypa.io/get-pip.py
    4. execute './pyton3.6m get-pip.py'
    5. then do ''./pip install pillow'
    6. you'll probably need need to do either or both via sudo

PIL/Pillow is now installed and compiled for your blender bundled os specific python. Now start Blender and activate DECALmachine

I've confirmed this to be working on Linux and it's been confirmed to work on Windows by JWise.
    Last edited by MACHIN3; 15-Oct-17 at 13:32.

Originally Posted by JoseConseco View Post
    Machine, can you make decals use AO as roughness mask (or specular multiplier mask)? So that dark places will be less glossy. Same thing for clearcoat. Also it would be great if normal map would be connected to clear-coat normal input in principled by default.
    This is how it looks now (left) vs after above mentioned changes:
    DM_rougness_spec_mask.jpg
    b) Also I'm not sure if there is a way to change decal/panel line after it was already placed (exept linking material from new decal)? I wish I could just select panel line/decal and change it to something else from insert list. This is pain especially for panel line, because preview is so small it is hard to select correct panel cut line at first try.
    c) Optionally I think after placing decal on surface you can run material match automatically.
    d) Optionally , some info placed in operator descriptors, about what each button does would be nice.

Great addon. I was to lazy to finish model below earlier, but with DM it is way easier.
    test2.jpg
    a) Nice job. I'll try to add these things for 1.4.2.

b) There's a Decal Replace tool. It's very early and you can find it only in the spacebar menu. It basically just changes the decal material, which is exactly what you want to do in your panel decal case. You need to have both panel decal types in the scene. Select the ones you want to change, then select the one you want to pull the material from and run the Decal Replace tool.
    Panel decal thumbnails are garbage, I know.

c) Yes, it's on my todo list. It's not as easy since Match Material was updarted, as you can now match any of the materials an object has.

d) Agreed.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415